Berghias?

TracyLynn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not sure, I bought some from Salty Underground cause I had Aiptasia. All the Aiptasia is gone now & only saw 1 of them once at night. I doubt their still alive because the stuffs been gone over a month now, so they probably died of starvation. ;Dead

Monkeynaut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had good luck with the ones I got from salty underground too

Devildawgusmc_1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got 11 berghia nudibranchs from Reeftown about a month ago and did nothing to the Aiptasia. About to place another order at Salty Underground. Any recommendations on how many I should get for a 120 gallon tank?

Huenemedoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not sure, I bought some from Salty Underground cause I had Aiptasia. All the Aiptasia is gone now & only saw 1 of them once at night. I doubt their still alive because the stuffs been gone over a month now, so they probably died of starvation. ;Dead

Just put some in my tank today from Salty Underground. Just curious as to how many you put in, how big is your tank and how soon did you see results?

Hilltopreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One month is not long enough. I put 10 in my 180 gallon Which had close to a hundred aptasia in it and saw no change for several months. I Was worried they had all died. Then started noticing less and less till they're all gone. It takes a while especially when you order smaller ones. I bought them at my local fish store. He ordered them in for me. Not cheap but effective. Be patient.

jaxteller007

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Was checking out y'alls page because I'm originally from Huntsville (live in Nashville now) and gave my old 75 tank and stuff to a buddy still in y'alls area so he can get back into it. He had one years and years ago.
Point of all that was to say that I've been looking for berghais to control aiptasia in my tank too and was worried about the same thing, them dying once they ate it all. I had a friend tell about a trick he'd seen done before. People would purposely get some aiptasia growing in their sump. When the nudis would eat all of the aiptasia in the display tank, they would trap them and move them down into the sump so they could continue to feed and breed. When aiptasia inevitably made into the display again, he'd trap some out of the sump and move them back into the display. Eventually he had basically a self sustaining colony of nudis.

No idea how hard it is to trap them, but it's something to consider.

OP
OP
JonoB

JonoB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I ended up ordering some from Saltyunderground. They came in today (earlier than I expected) so my wife had to acclimate them. She was so worried, was texting me updates every 2 minutes. She followed the instructions and said she watched them climb into the rockwork. I haven't seen a single one, and maybe never will, but I hope they are fine and are getting started doing their thing.

Hilltopreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sound like what my experience. Don’t worry! If your wife acclimated them like you said I’m sure they're fine. You’ll forget about them for maybe a month or two then you’ll notice the aptasia slowly disappearring. Then one day you’ll look and the aptasia will be gone. It’s nice to see your wife is willing to get her hands wet. Mine loves the tank but isn't much help.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 28 82.4%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.9%
Back