Best Bottom Feeder - Advice Please

  • Thread starter Thread starter RaymondL
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
+1 in favor of conchs and nassarius snails. I do not trust most crabs.

Just get some extra hermit shells to put in the tank. I consider snails consumables anyway--always need replacing.
I did that, and the hermits ignored the empty shells. Went after the snails any way.

Sure, snails are tasty, but I would not eat the ones out of your tank!
 
Got the Nassarius snails, and they dug and buried themselves into the substrate almost immediately - I didn't expect that. I'm assuming this is normal behavior, but my expectation is that they'd surface and scour for food - I hope.
 
Got the Nassarius snails, and they dug and buried themselves into the substrate almost immediately - I didn't expect that. I'm assuming this is normal behavior, but my expectation is that they'd surface and scour for food - I hope.
Watch them erupt from the sand when they detect food.
 
Got the Nassarius snails, and they dug and buried themselves into the substrate almost immediately - I didn't expect that. I'm assuming this is normal behavior, but my expectation is that they'd surface and scour for food - I hope.
Where'd you order from?
 
Nassarius snails have got to be the funniest snails that exist. I've seen these guys bust a straight up break dance move across my sand before. And when they want to cruise... they CRUISE!
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 36.8%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 15.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new