Best Compact Skimmer 120 Gallons

Jimmyneptune

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 29, 2017
Messages
429
Reaction score
275
Location
Chicago
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for options for a compact skimmer for a heavily stocked aquarium with tight cabinet space for height. aquarium is a frag tank and I wanted easy access to work with frags. I am building a sump out of a deep blue 30 gallon breeder. 36 x 18 x 12.
I have a few ideas but I am looking for options any options that members here would pick.

So what is a Best Compact Skimmer 120 Gallons and why?
Thanks
 
bubble magus curve 7 is pretty good... i use a curve 5 for my 120 but the 7 can be more appropriate.. it works great and its silent.
 
That is one that I have been looking at. it seems like it is great price for the size of tank it can handle.
 
Yeah its pretty good unfortunately its the only product i can vouge for... i do hear amazing reviews from the ncos skimmers though.
 
I am not entirely sure on height, but you cannot go wrong with Reef Octopus skimmers. I believe an NWB100 would work for a 120, although if you have a heavy bioload, you might want a 150...
 
Reef Octopus Regal 150INT 6" Internal Protein Skimmer
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 10 24.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 36.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new