OP
OP
PhantomHalo

PhantomHalo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: The spots are back on the fins of the blue jaw trigger in the DT. We will see if it is at a reduced amount or if maybe this cycle was just at a different life cycle stage. They showed up yesterday. Side note: the tank looks squeaky clean!

OP
OP
PhantomHalo

PhantomHalo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just got done cleaning and feeding and the blue jaw has zero white spots on his fins any more. They never spread to the body like they did before! Well, at least for now. He is in my DT. UV, carbon, GFO, filter floss and DE filter is what I am running. Needless to say, the tank is crystal clear! Lol Will update more at the 1 week, 2 week and 1 month points.

OP
OP
PhantomHalo

PhantomHalo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One week update (a day late): All of the white spots are gone on the blue jaw trigger. Brown algae is starting to build up again however in low flow spots of the tank. May be a sign it’s time to change the filter out. I am going to let it go just a little bit longer though and change the screen on the intake first. It gets pretty clogged up really easily. Cleaning it off once a day at a minimum. Other than that, this looks great for getting my tank under control.

Back