Best dwarf angel

CanuckReefer

Simple...Salt, Water, LR, Lighting and Flow.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interested to know feeding schedule of tanks that have problems compared to those who have no issues with them picking at corals.
My Eibli rarely picks at Kenya Tree, not enough to damage it. CB never at anything. Feed schedule is 6 am and 4pm Nori and Dulse , 6pm a bit of frozen mix, 8pm sinking pellets of spiralina, reef mix and krill flakes. 11pm more pellets .
I find the Nori and Dulse lasts a matter of several hours which likely helps. Also I don't clip it, I break it up to float awhile then sink. It's always gone in a few hours. Also both of them constantly graze at the live rock, which also likely benefits the entire picture.
I feed often during these time frames but NOT a huge amount. My nitrates are consistently very low.
Tank is a 90 g softie mix, leathers, mushrooms, xenia, Kenya Tree, Goniopora, Duncan, Gorgonian. With assorted inverts. Also YT, clown, Damsel.

StoneNeo82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the smaller angels and have had them in Fowler systems before. Just started testing the reef side out a few months ago and have been hesitant to add one. With my schedule it would be hard to feed this much without an auto feeder. Thanks for the information.

jaganshi066

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20961C7E-A862-4C5D-9F28-4F192DA89F98.jpeg

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every single dwarf angel I have owned(flame back, flame, potters, eibli, and CB) eventually nipped at corals. None have outright ate corals, but all give a "swim by" nipping from time to time. One of the reasons i have 0 PE on SPS.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently yes, just an African flameback. Biggest ****** of a fish I have ever owned. Big bully to put it bluntly. Chases everything, has caused several wrasses to jump to their death. If I could skewer the little basty, It would be a quick painless death for it. The lighting maroon I recently added has been keeping him/her in check though. Quite funny to watch a fish 1/4 of the size of the angel beat the crap out of it. He mainly stays hidden in the back of the tank now.

Never had a hard time keeping anyone of them. I feed heavily(3 times a day pellets(TDO chromoboost, NLS, and Algaemax), and twice a day frozen consisting of LRS, PE mysis, and PE calanus), weekly 10%WC, and dose 2 part. Thats about it. I have also given up on QTing my fish, and choose to manage ich rather then try to eradicate it. I have found since I stopped QTing, I haven't lost a fish.

I reef the KISS method.

Ardeus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 200 gallon tank with 2 flames and 2 heraldi angels. To make it even harder on the corals, I also have 3 filefish to keep aiptasias in check.

There's very few corals in my tank that are safe from nipping, but while the angels nip, the filefish eat. They decimated xenias, expensive hammers, palys and they rip tentacles off the bubbletips.

There's also 2 flame hawkfish that bother lots of corals by perching on them. Can't have shrimp or crabs because of them and 2 marine bettas.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 21 46.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 23 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • None.

Votes: 10 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 6.7%

Back