Best dwarf angels

Bruce17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone.
I’m in the middle of figuring out all the different fish that I would like for 205 gallon display tank. I’ve been following people’s great comments on the regular size angels and I thought I would do one for dwarf angels in the hope of getting insight on people’s experience with the dwarf angels. I don’t have any fish in my tank yet. I’m trying to figure out all my fish while I set up the tank. It’s going to be a fish only tank. Any positive feed back would truly be appreciated

Bruce

Last edited:

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Many of the dwarfs have reputations for picking at soft corals. Do you plan to have those? I love the classic flame angel for always being out and about, but mine would eat a zoa before the frag glue would harden haha. Some folks have flames that are model citizens though.

OP
OP
B

Bruce17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many of the dwarfs have reputations for picking at soft corals. Do you plan to have those? I love the classic flame angel for always being out and about, but mine would eat a zoa before the frag glue would harden haha. Some folks have flames that are model citizens though.
Oops. Sorry. I forgot to write that this will be a fish only tank. I’ll try and edit it. I love the flame angel however I keep reading so many horror stories of it wanting to bully everyone.

Last edited:

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Oops. Sorry. I forgot to right that this will be a fish only tank. I’ll try and edit it. I love the flame angel however I keep reading so many horror stories of it wanting to bully everyone.
Ah ok. I had mine with a Golden with no problems but it was also a 265g so extra space may have been sufficient.

Jaebster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i has one for years, it was with much more aggressive and bigger fish, and it was still a jerk. Plus, it was an SPS nipper.
That's too bad... wanted to get one for my tank after my build is done.

ReefGrammie

Must...stay...away...from...live...sales...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had 2 pygmy angels in 11+ years. Both did well and neither have been bullies. They can be obnoxious with a new introduction to the tank, but they usually back off and quickly go back to their rock picking ways. I have introduced a flasher wrasse and a fairy wrasse with my current pygmy angle. Very pretty dwarf angels, too.

OP
OP
B

Bruce17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah ok. I had mine with a Golden with no problems but it was also a 265g so extra space may have been sufficient.
I don’t think I ever checked with the people on the size of their tank. How is the golden angel? They colour looks amazing.

Steelersfan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Joculator might be a good choice. They are hardy and beautiful, IMO.

C89FA47D-8D88-4717-A2DC-A89B1429DA46.jpeg

OP
OP
B

Bruce17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've always wanted a lemonpeel. Beautiful yellow color with blue "eyelid" highlights. Never owned one so dont know its demeanor.
I’m actually thinking of getting one. Not sure how it would be with yellow tangs or the yellow tang with it though

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don’t think I ever checked with the people on the size of their tank. How is the golden angel? They colour looks amazing.
They are beautiful but pretty reclusive. I’m not sure I would get one again (sold tank last year) because it was so shy.

OP
OP
B

Bruce17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Joculator might be a good choice. They are hardy and beautiful, IMO.

C89FA47D-8D88-4717-A2DC-A89B1429DA46.jpeg
I read somewhere that they have captive bred Joculator’s now. You told me earlier that you have two right? (When we were talking about your Conspics)

Colin_1122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m setting up a 32 gallon and would love a Pygmy angel (cherub, flameback, etc). Do you guys think this would be possible? Other tank mates would just be a pair of clowns, firefish, and maybe a Pygmy hawkfish or yellow watchman goby

OP
OP
B

Bruce17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are beautiful but pretty reclusive. I’m not sure I would get one again (sold tank last year) because it was so shy.
That sucks. I don’t mind fish going into hiding however I would love to see them more often then not. If not, it beats the purpose of having one in my book

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 150 88.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back