Best dwarf angels

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Thanks but that does not answer my question.

When you have fish only tank you don’t need to worry about level of all, cal, and mag? Meaning you don’t need to dose? Just maintain Salinity and husbandry Is enough?
If you use a reasonable salt you don’t have to worry about chemistry other than keep salinity and temp correct. Also water clean (good husbandry) and low nitrate no ammonia and nitrite

Beachmom

View Badges
Reaction score
Many of the dwarfs have reputations for picking at soft corals. Do you plan to have those? I love the classic flame angel for always being out and about, but mine would eat a zoa before the frag glue would harden haha. Some folks have flames that are model citizens though.
I have a coral beauty and a flame. We got the very young and so far so good. Sweeties.

Fishfreak2009

View Badges
Reaction score
I have a flame, a coral beauty, and a Potter's in my 110 gallon. All of them are fine with corals, and haven't even bothered my giant clam. They do well when they get fed frequently. Also trying to convince a LFS here to sell me the Colin's angel out of their display tank.

When my 380 gallon was running I kept 2 flames, 2 coral beauties, a potters, 2 bicolor, a lemonpeel, a nox, a multicolor, and 2 multibar with no problems.

World Wide Corals - Quality Aqua-cultured Coral

Njcoral101

View Badges
Reaction score
I have 4 angels in my 500 display tank I would reccomend for a small angel you should get a potters angelfish for a large I would get a majestic angel

FishNerdery

View Badges
Reaction score
Someone asked if any Angels were reefsafe. Everything I find says the Bellus Angel is reefsafe.

Also one of the few fish that I think the female is prettier than the male

lg_37130_Bellus_Angelfish.jpg

van7271

View Badges
Reaction score
Coral beauty are great durable and long lived. They tend to just graze all day. Eibli angels are also long lived and durable and will get a little larger than the typical dwarf angels. Just make sure your tank has something for them to graze on as that is pretty much all they do all day long.

Jesterrace

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Someone asked if any Angels were reefsafe. Everything I find says the Bellus Angel is reefsafe.

Also one of the few fish that I think the female is prettier than the male

lg_37130_Bellus_Angelfish.jpg
The Genicanthus Angels are all generally considered reef safe (ie Swallowtail, Lamarck's, Bellus, Wetannabei) and the Female Bellus is about as gorgeous as any of them get and it stays on the smaller size for a full size angel (about 7 inches max).

Is it HARD or EASY for you to keep your corals colorful? (check all that apply)

• SPS Hard

Votes: 30 61.2%
  • SPS Easy

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • LPS Hard

Votes: 10 20.4%
  • LPS Easy

Votes: 35 71.4%
  • Zoas Hard

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Zoas Easy

Votes: 37 75.5%