Best dwarf angels

Waterislife

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want one bad but I don't think it's bold enough to compete with my stocking. Great looking little angel imo
Enless you have a predictor tank, keep mine with anything, large tangs, large angel etc. Tough little fish. Not wimps by any means.

OP
OP
B

Bruce17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just had to remove a bully Bi-color angel. He picked on everyone. Now that he's gone, everyone is more active.

This is his handiwork.

IMG_20191001_200838.jpg IMG_20190924_182247.jpg
Nasty

S2G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Enless you have a predictor tank, keep mine with anything, large tangs, large angel etc. Tough little fish. Not wimps by any means.

I dont think the bigger fish would be a problem even the emporer. The real war in my tank is 2ft down between a yellowtail damsel, percula clown, orchid dottyback, and a real jerk of an electric blue damsel I wish I could catch. I might just try it and see how it goes

Roger D

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m setting up a 32 gallon and would love a Pygmy angel (cherub, flameback, etc). Do you guys think this would be possible? Other tank mates would just be a pair of clowns, firefish, and maybe a Pygmy hawkfish or yellow watchman goby
I've got two clowns, a mimic tang still small and a flame angel in a 40 for now all get along great. The mimic is going into the 180 as soon as it gets big enough to stand up to the rabbit fish in there now.

canadianeh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
which dwarf angelfish is safe for reeftank? I read that dwarf cherub is safe?

Eva Rose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have these dwarf angels:
Bicolor
Multicolor
Potter’s
Coral Beauty
Flame (male)
I have a 300 gal tank & added corals that follow suggestions in this video:

I love angels & butterfly fish. No nipping. But even if I did have nipping I enjoy these fish so much I would be okay with it.

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Jason,

The bully Bi-Color Angel aka Wendall. Has been tamed in my tank with the Picasso Trigger , Dogface Puffer and Sailfin Tang. They all get along well and eat like four pigs....lol

So glad it worked out. The puffer and trigger can fight back. My lion was a baby!!

Waterislife

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont think the bigger fish would be a problem even the emporer. The real war in my tank is 2ft down between a yellowtail damsel, percula clown, orchid dottyback, and a real jerk of an electric blue damsel I wish I could catch. I might just try it and see how it goes
Yep damsels can be a problem that's for sure if I had to guess it's more of a territory problem than an aggression issue

Boston reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve always been a fan of the interruptus angle. They seem to look better with age which is a nice plus. IMO they’re the prettiest dwarf angle available. However they require cooler water than most systems are kept at.
C8AC2B59-1580-4271-9B7A-A12823ECDEE4.png

OP
OP
B

Bruce17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve always been a fan of the interruptus angle. They seem to look better with age which is a nice plus. IMO they’re the prettiest dwarf angle available. However they require cooler water than most systems are kept at.
C8AC2B59-1580-4271-9B7A-A12823ECDEE4.png
How much cooler does the water need to be at? I wanted to get that one however if the water needs to be cooler, I might have to pass because there’s some other non dwarf angels that absolutely want.

Boston reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I kept one in a 77-79 degree tank for a couple years. However, I believe the recommended temp for them is like 68-77 or something along those lines. I got rid of mine because it was a coral eater, not just a nipper lol.

OP
OP
B

Bruce17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I kept one in a 77-79 degree tank for a couple years. However, I believe the recommended temp for them is like 68-77 or something along those lines. I got rid of mine because it was a coral eater, not just a nipper lol.
I want to get other dwarfs, some angels, tangs, wrasse and anthias. So I’m guessing that I won’t be getting an Interuptus anymore. :(

SMR45

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone.
I’m in the middle of figuring out all the different fish that I would like for 205 gallon display tank. I’ve been following people’s great comments on the regular size angels and I thought I would do one for dwarf angels in the hope of getting insight on people’s experience with the dwarf angels. I don’t have any fish in my tank yet. I’m trying to figure out all my fish while I set up the tank. It’s going to be a fish only tank. Any positive feed back would truly be appreciated

Bruce
Hello everyone.
I’m in the middle of figuring out all the different fish that I would like for 205 gallon display tank. I’ve been following people’s great comments on the regular size angels and I thought I would do one for dwarf angels in the hope of getting insight on people’s experience with the dwarf angels. I don’t have any fish in my tank yet. I’m trying to figure out all my fish while I set up the tank. It’s going to be a fish only tank. Any positive feed back would truly be appreciated

Bruce
I have a 180 gallon fish only tank, with a Flame, Lemon Peel, Coral Beauty, Flame Back, Multicolor and Bicolor. All were introduced at the same time with the exception of the Coral Beauty. They have been together for over a year now and get along with occasional bickering (nothing serious - I believe they challenge/reinforce the pecking order from time to time). Incredibly beautiful fish and some of my favorites in the tank. They are very active, great eaters and out all the time.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back