Best dwarf angels

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks but that does not answer my question.

When you have fish only tank you don’t need to worry about level of all, cal, and mag? Meaning you don’t need to dose? Just maintain Salinity and husbandry Is enough?
If you use a reasonable salt you don’t have to worry about chemistry other than keep salinity and temp correct. Also water clean (good husbandry) and low nitrate no ammonia and nitrite

Beachmom

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many of the dwarfs have reputations for picking at soft corals. Do you plan to have those? I love the classic flame angel for always being out and about, but mine would eat a zoa before the frag glue would harden haha. Some folks have flames that are model citizens though.
I have a coral beauty and a flame. We got the very young and so far so good. Sweeties.

Fishfreak2009

Follow Your Passions!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a flame, a coral beauty, and a Potter's in my 110 gallon. All of them are fine with corals, and haven't even bothered my giant clam. They do well when they get fed frequently. Also trying to convince a LFS here to sell me the Colin's angel out of their display tank.

When my 380 gallon was running I kept 2 flames, 2 coral beauties, a potters, 2 bicolor, a lemonpeel, a nox, a multicolor, and 2 multibar with no problems.

FishNerdery

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone asked if any Angels were reefsafe. Everything I find says the Bellus Angel is reefsafe.

Also one of the few fish that I think the female is prettier than the male

lg_37130_Bellus_Angelfish.jpg

van7271

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coral beauty are great durable and long lived. They tend to just graze all day. Eibli angels are also long lived and durable and will get a little larger than the typical dwarf angels. Just make sure your tank has something for them to graze on as that is pretty much all they do all day long.

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone asked if any Angels were reefsafe. Everything I find says the Bellus Angel is reefsafe.

Also one of the few fish that I think the female is prettier than the male

lg_37130_Bellus_Angelfish.jpg

The Genicanthus Angels are all generally considered reef safe (ie Swallowtail, Lamarck's, Bellus, Wetannabei) and the Female Bellus is about as gorgeous as any of them get and it stays on the smaller size for a full size angel (about 7 inches max).

OP
OP
B

Bruce17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are a bunch of spectacular hybrids. Solar Flare is cool, but the tigerpyge (bottom picture) is my personal favorite. Hybrid of lemon peel and eibli. Sometimes available, though quite variable in appearance and ALWAYS expensive. Thanks to,reef builders for the amazing pictures.

35254288-ABE4-4A41-8BA9-566B920307A5.jpeg
8869D87C-04DA-4C6F-A5C2-E9289ED90B57.jpeg
E16DB93E-745D-44C2-A326-6FECC159DD88.jpeg
What are the other two above the Tigerpyge?

Roger D

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Jason,

The bully Bi-Color Angel aka Wendall. Has been tamed in my tank with the Picasso Trigger , Dogface Puffer and Sailfin Tang. They all get along well and eat like four pigs....lol
A friend of mine has a 200 gallon that's about 10-12 years old and had a bunch of different fishes even a clown trigger but over the years they grew and now only the dog face puffer is left he ate all the rest one at a time.

Sunny Goold

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m setting up a 32 gallon and would love a Pygmy angel (cherub, flameback, etc). Do you guys think this would be possible? Other tank mates would just be a pair of clowns, firefish, and maybe a Pygmy hawkfish or yellow watchman goby
Hi Colin - maybe this reply is too late but I have a Flameback in a 15G for several months now and I love it. I have it with a 6 line (who has been a model citizen) and a yellow coris wrasse and they are fine. I also had a fairy wrasse and the angel did pester that and so I removed it.
I looked up this thread to see if I could find anything about pygmys eating clove polyps as one got eaten overnight but I think it's my emerald crab (my small zoas have never been touched). I heard these are reef safe (and I looked it up before I purchased it).
I did purchase it because it is such a beautiful fish - I had seen them online but in person they are stunning. I am soon moving the angel into my new RSR250 - the emerald probably won't be going in with it ;)

canadianeh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Colin - maybe this reply is too late but I have a Flameback in a 15G for several months now and I love it. I have it with a 6 line (who has been a model citizen) and a yellow coris wrasse and they are fine. I also had a fairy wrasse and the angel did pester that and so I removed it.
I looked up this thread to see if I could find anything about pygmys eating clove polyps as one got eaten overnight but I think it's my emerald crab (my small zoas have never been touched). I heard these are reef safe (and I looked it up before I purchased it).
I did purchase it because it is such a beautiful fish - I had seen them online but in person they are stunning. I am soon moving the angel into my new RSR250 - the emerald probably won't be going in with it ;)
you have flame angel, six line, yellow coris in a 15 gallons tank?? wow! How is that possible? How long they are in the same tank now?

Sunny Goold

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you have flame angel, six line, yellow coris in a 15 gallons tank?? wow! How is that possible? How long they are in the same tank now?
Flameback - not a Flame (no way a flame would be possible) - yeah it's been like 6 months I guess. I had a bigger tank to move them to but couldn't catch them and didn't want to smash up my coral. I'm most surprised at how good the six line has been.
Next week I am moving the coral across to my R2R250 I have some black mollies in. I will trade the sixline and QT the angel + coris where it is with some Prazi and maybe hydroxide. Then the angel will go into the RSR250 and I will keep the Coris where it is for when I get new coral.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 57 49.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 63 54.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 26 22.6%
  • None.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.8%
Back