Best light setup for 10gal Frag/QT

D.WhiteShark

Shoulder Deep in Saltwater.......Again
View Badges
Joined
Jul 7, 2017
Messages
1,396
Reaction score
1,058
Location
Paso Robles, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
setting up a cheap 10 gal tank as a SPS frag recovery / new coral QT tank. Currently have a 2 x 24" t5 setup on it. Will this be enough to keep corals alive (if considering lighting needs only) and well for a couple months before adding them to the tank? should I supplement with LED....if so which one? I want to keep these corals healthy and willing to spend the money.
 
setting up a cheap 10 gal tank as a SPS frag recovery / new coral QT tank. Currently have a 2 x 24" t5 setup on it. Will this be enough to keep corals alive (if considering lighting needs only) and well for a couple months before adding them to the tank? should I supplement with LED....if so which one? I want to keep these corals healthy and willing to spend the money.
I’ve used the Aquamaxx prism LED on my 10 gallon frag QT and both LPS and SPS have done well and thrived with it. I’ve kept them in there at least 90 days before moving them to the DT. Very reasonably priced light as well
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new