Best MP setup for my tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter evoracer
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

evoracer

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 15, 2012
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Location
CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am trying to configure the best flow for my frag tank. The tank is 48x24", 12" deep. Frag racks sit about 6" deep. Water return and drain on are on the right end. Currently I have (2) MP10s running on the left end, constant flow at 100%. They are obviously undersized. All I accomplish is to pile up detritus in the right end around the overflow. My thought is one MP40 should be able to do the job if placed on the left end where the 10s are. Ideally I would remove the MP10s to another tank I am setting up. Should this work with (1) MP40?
 
MP40 on left end closer to the front panel of the tank. Pulse mode

Thats what I would do anyways

You can always add a mp10
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new