Best Nano Fish?

NanoMan16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I’m not new to the salty tanks...lol. Just new to the nano world. I currently have a BioCube 16. I know I can get away with 3 maybe 4 fish...maybe. Just curious what is out there that would be a good fit. I have a black ice clown in there now. Was thinking of the following. Interested in y’all’s opinions or suggestions.
1. Another clown (boring)
2. Royal Gamma (generic)
3. Yellow Goby
4. Six line wrasse
5. Leopard wrasse (interesting)
6. Dwarf Hawk Fish
7. Chromis (yawn)
8. Damsel (if the world ends)...lol
849FB805-8604-40B5-9DF8-2945A4BADDF8.jpeg

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But now that I think of it it would be fun to get a juvenile pearly head and see what happens between it and the pistol shrimps engineering efforts

Or let discretion be the better part of valor

Upvote 0

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First time our Amazon hub was down, and second time our doors stopped working.

I lost a whole day of work both times trying to chase down the truck / on the phone with customer support but it was always too late.

I was pretty rude to LA about it the second time so they refunded my shipping which was kind of them

You probably better off doing a hold for pickup directly at the Fedex office then since apparently you must live in an apartment complex or something. I wouldn't say this is all Fedex fault. I guess I am not sure what they should do if they can't get to your delivery location. I am guessing the driver is bound by some rules not to leave a package out if he can't get to your address.

Hold for pick up basically fixes any issues unless it misses a flight to your city or such. It is also preferable in winter or summer so the fish doesn't sit on a hot/cold truck. You should be able to get it in the morning when they open.

I am pretty lucky as the Fedex guy that comes to my house must like animals for fish... if I don't answer the door (I work nights so I don't often hear it right away), he leaves it with my neighbor "because he worries about the fish getting cold". At my previous residencies the drivers just left it out.

Luckily my neighbor is really nice and a morning person too! She leaves me a note "hey I got your fish". lol

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Robert Binz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It all depends on what you want, a couple of flashy fish or a nice little microhabitat.
In a 15 peninsula I have two tiny lined gobies it are paired up, a watchmen with his pal Pistol shrimp, cleaner shrimp Scarlet shrimp Halloween crab a porcelain crab and a couple of emeralds.
For the open water a mismatch of patterns with a domino and snowflake clown who have paired. Oh, and green clown goby To rule the tank.
F0266BB7-2FF6-4D9D-B4AD-623A4875DBD2.jpeg
DF8085C1-BCD1-4C51-9BBE-DB37E8E457C6.jpeg

have started filling in with hammers and rock anemones and macro algae. Always something going on.
I got a baby green clown goby about the size of my thumbnail and the female clown will not leave it alone

Upvote 0

StewL6

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my 22 gallon book shelve Nano i have 2 Golden Assessors and one small Randall Assessor they really are great fish to watch. They are non aggressive and look to me to be very hardy fish with lots of personality. I also have two small clowns that fit right in with the Assessors. Tank is 10 months old and starting to hit its stride.

Upvote 0

jfoahs04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my tailspot blenny. It’s the 3rd I’ve had in as many reefs and I don’t think I’d set one up without one. Even next to the prettier fish, they’re the star of the show. They perch and look like grumpy old men, they come right to the glass and stare me down when it’s dinner time (or when they think it should be dinner time), and they look cool grazing.

My current tail spot has become buddies with my DaVinci clown. They sleep in the rear corner of the tank together at night and they cruise around together during the day. Non-hobbyist family and friends always fall in love with the blennies.

Upvote 0

VLR3

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I’m not new to the salty tanks...lol. Just new to the nano world. I currently have a BioCube 16. I know I can get away with 3 maybe 4 fish...maybe. Just curious what is out there that would be a good fit. I have a black ice clown in there now. Was thinking of the following. Interested in y’all’s opinions or suggestions.
1. Another clown (boring)
2. Royal Gamma (generic)
3. Yellow Goby
4. Six line wrasse
5. Leopard wrasse (interesting)
6. Dwarf Hawk Fish
7. Chromis (yawn)
8. Damsel (if the world ends)...lol
849FB805-8604-40B5-9DF8-2945A4BADDF8.jpeg
Tailspot blenny
Orchid dottyback
Shark nose goby