Best nano tank

SourMonkey55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking to get a new tank and I was wondering what do you guys think is the best nano I can get for the buck. I am think 10-15 gallons.

tnw50cal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AIO in that size would be the innovative marine 14 peninsula for me.
What's nice about the IM is all the stuff IM makes that goes into the AIO sump-skimmer,UV sterilizer,etc.

I have both a IM Nuvo 10 and a IM Nuvo 20 Peninsula--run AI Prime 16HD on both.
Should go on sale for Black Friday soon--most likely $50.00 cheaper than normal.

TriggersAmuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An all in one is definitely going to give you a lower price tag compared to an external sump model at the end of the day. The external (sump) approach will give you better long term flexibility. If budget is the primary concern, you can go with a standard small tank by Aqueon or whomever (i.e. a 15 gallon 2 foot tank, no overflow, no all in one compartments) and simply add items like an AquaClear power filter or in tank skimmer (Tunze, ReefGlass, etc), though this approach won't look as clean/nice. If you go this approach (no compartments/no sump) take a look at this approach to accomplishing surface skimming (pretty ingenious if you ask me):

Last edited:

juanrmattos

- Frag Plug Hater -
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depending on your goals and budget, I would say the Fluval EVO 13.5 is a good choice out of the box. They can be upgraded and there are plenty resources and examples online... They are fun to keep too.

Steph1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently bought a Cade 400pr 16 Gal. Has an extremley stable skimmer compartment, and it is a great quality tank

Doors.jpg

OP
OP
SourMonkey55

SourMonkey55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depending on your goals and budget, I would say the Fluval EVO 13.5 is a good choice out of the box. They can be upgraded and there are plenty resources and examples online... They are fun to keep too.
Right now I am trying to decide between the Waterbox Mini Peninsula 15 gallon and the Fluval EVO 13.5.

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my waterbox 15 gallon mini peninsula too. I do have the ai prime 16 hd, but the coral colors just don’t pop the same as they do under my radion. I may buy the new gen 5 and move the old one over to the tiny tank.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 32 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 26.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back