Best peaceful fish to eat killer amphipods

Status
Not open for further replies.

gilmour01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
everyone that has seen mine says that he's the biggest one they've ever seen. he's a big baby.

gilmour01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the possum wrasses are awesome, and they stay small (a non threat to cleaner shrimp). the downside is that they are sometimes hard to find.

Reef Pets

Bioprospector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very true.. Most Wrasse that will eat the cleaner shrimp that you have in your tank.

Pitcom

Not Reef Safe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yellow Coris will not eat most shrimp. I have one in each of my tanks living with cleaner, peppermint and harlequin shrimp. I even had a nano with a dozen pom pom crabs with a yellow coris. Not a problem. I wold not house one with a sexy shrimp though as I am certain it'd be a tasty treat. Yellow coris eat a variety of worms and tiny snails in the wild. In your tank they may from time to time decide to snack on a snail. I've had mine for 3 years and she eats a snail every few months.

I

inactive

View Badges
Yellow Coris will not eat most shrimp. I have one in each of my tanks living with cleaner, peppermint and harlequin shrimp. I even had a nano with a dozen pom pom crabs with a yellow coris. Not a problem. I wold not house one with a sexy shrimp though as I am certain it'd be a tasty treat. Yellow coris eat a variety of worms and tiny snails in the wild. In your tank they may from time to time decide to snack on a snail. I've had mine for 3 years and she eats a snail every few months.

Yeah, but that's YOUR experience and your experience only. I have seen them eat just about everything you have listed with my own eyes.

Pitcom

Not Reef Safe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, but that's YOUR experience and your experience only. I have seen them eat just about everything you have listed with my own eyes.

Then you did not see a yellow coris, plain and simple. You may have seen a banana wrasse or some other variation that someone called a yellow coris. Anything is possible with fish and even the most peaceful can turn rogue, but i do not believe a yellow coris ate everything i mentioned, and you witnessed it all. Sorry.

I

inactive

View Badges
Then you did not see a yellow coris, plain and simple. You may have seen a banana wrasse or some other variation that someone called a yellow coris. Anything is possible with fish and even the most peaceful can turn rogue, but i do not believe a yellow coris ate everything i mentioned, and you witnessed it all. Sorry.

lol ok kiddo.

ReeferRob

Give me your Brains!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I would agree, I have a green coris in my frag tank with two cleaner skunk and blood red and they get along great. Also a mythrax crab. In my DT two flasher, a fairy and a six line. Two cleaners, 1 pocelin and 1 pom pom and nothing.

I

inactive

View Badges
Ok, well I just can't find myself agreeing that a Halichoeres that gets what.. 5... 6...7 inches?... is 100% invert safe. Whoever convinced you guys lied. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 71 55.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.1%
Back