Best Place to Buy Gryphon XL?

MoKan Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to see if anyone has a good lead on the best site to purchase a gryphon aquasaw xl?

Seems like all the regular distributors (brs, marine depot, etc) are out of stock. And the glass companies are $100+ overpriced or a 6 week wait for shipping since it's not a regularly stocked item.

Thanks for any leads!

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I literally bought the last XL in stock at BRS on Thursday. When I looked at the stock they had 5 on Monday. They come and go on a regular basis. just gotta sign up for the Email notice or check regularly.

I was looking for one before the holidays and both the standard and XL where out of stock everyplace. Since BRS had a shipment come in and since sell out my guess is Marine Depot or others will be seeing them soon.

Reefer1978

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Unless you really need the XL - get the reg version. Been using mine for over 3 years and still haven't come across a rock / colony big enough to need an XL. Blades are much cheaper on reg version too.

OP
OP
MoKan Reefer

MoKan Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless you really need the XL - get the reg version. Been using mine for over 3 years and still haven't come across a rock / colony big enough to need an XL. Blades are much cheaper on reg version too.
Main selling point for the xl to me was the cutting height as I do alot of aquascaping work and being able to cut large rock flat myself would be super nice lol.

You do have a point though with the blade pricing!

I've also heard that the blades on the XLs have a tendency to walk and not cut as straight (not sure the validity of it being the saw vs operator error as any thin bandsaw will walk if whatever it's cutting is moved to quickly.

But I have a few questions about the regular if you don't mind me sending you a pm to pick your brain for a few?

Reefer1978

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Main selling point for the xl to me was the cutting height as I do alot of aquascaping work and being able to cut large rock flat myself would be super nice lol.

You do have a point though with the blade pricing!

I've also heard that the blades on the XLs have a tendency to walk and not cut as straight (not sure the validity of it being the saw vs operator error as any thin bandsaw will walk if whatever it's cutting is moved to quickly.

But I have a few questions about the regular if you don't mind me sending you a pm to pick your brain for a few?

Of course - PM away!! :)

AquariumSpecialty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In case anyone is looking, a pallet of Gryphon saws arrived this week.

Last edited:

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 33 29.7%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 28 25.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 24 21.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back