Best place to source fish pairs

Davy Jones

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to get pairs of a couple species for a future tank. Most importantly, a Midas Blenny pair. Love the fish. The tank will be about 125 gallons. I really dont want to play the order and hope method and would like to take the guessing work out of it.

Although i have a couple LFS's in the area, the one i trust recently closed down due to disagreements between the owners so that option is out. I appreciate any suggestions!

Thanks all

nautical_nathaniel

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be on the lookout for pairs in the LiveAquaria Divers Den, perhaps you could call them up and see if they could source you a pair, it may cost more but they have a wide amount of distributors to work with.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless your tank is huge, I would recommend against more than one midas blenny in a tank. They don't form bonded prs. They will come together in the wild to spawn, but most of the time are territorial to conspecifics.

OP
OP
Davy Jones

Davy Jones

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless your tank is huge, I would recommend against more than one midas blenny in a tank. They don't form bonded prs. They will come together in the wild to spawn, but most of the time are territorial to conspecifics.
I know one person locally that has a pair in a 120 fatboy.. but if it is not good for the fish I wont do it. Now I am kind of bummed.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 136 87.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back