Best pump for water station?

Zoaologist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s the best pump out there to hook up to a mixing station? I have two 210 gallon drums that it would be hooked up to and I mix about 600 gallons of water a week. I’ve gone through 3 L2 pumps in less then a year so it’s time for some better options that can stand up to mixing the salt. Any suggestions? Thanks guys!

Bepis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the amount of money of 3 L2 you could’ve bought a abyzz. Would’ve saved you all the time and effort

OP
OP
Z

Zoaologist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the amount of money of 3 L2 you could’ve bought a abyzz. Would’ve saved you all the time and effort
I only paid for one it’s been under warranty. My warranty is up and I’m on my fourth L2 now so I’m planning on selling this new replacement pump and buying a different option that will last me. I have abyzz on my display but I don’t see a abyzz being able to keep up with all the salt just like the L2 wasn’t able to. I was looking into the reeflo pumps but keep hearing they are garbage also such as leaks. Just looking for other options that can last me a few years at least and can push a bunch of water.

Bepis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could you plumb a second L2 and have them side by side connected to the same pump

Dale_M

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

These pumps are designed and built by a former chief engineer from Iwaki-Japan. They feature the same flow curves, high head pressure, low noise, and reliability that have made Iwaki the best magnetic drive pumps available. The BlueLine HD pumps are even slightly quieter than Iwaki, with a lower frequency. These units are yellow rather than green and carry a full 5 Year parts and labor guarantee. All seal-free bearings and magnetic drive for 10+ years of useable life. No seals to leak!

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For a large basement mixing station, I wouldn’t bother fussing with a variable speed DC pump. I’d much prefer a reliable AC pump... a Mag Drive, Iwaki or Pan World/Blueline.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back