Best quality media reactors

jft

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is your experience and recommendations for best quality and VERSATILE media reactor,. need one for 125 gallon system. Thanks

Jbell370

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you planning to run in it? I can tell you I’ve had, turbo floater, Reef Octo, Nyos and a few others, personally get the BRS reactor kit with the Sicce pump. I picked up and extra canister and such, makes swap out of media painless, it just works.

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dont get the 2 little fishies one, what ever you do! I got rid of mine after 2 months and replaced with an aquamaxx reactor, and wow, aquamaxx is so impressive. Its high quality plastic and has 0-rings everywhere to stop vibration and noise. Paired with a sicce silent pump it works perfectly.

Chee-tomorpha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dont get the 2 little fishies one, what ever you do! I got rid of mine after 2 months and replaced with an aquamaxx reactor, and wow, aquamaxx is so impressive. Its high quality plastic and has 0-rings everywhere to stop vibration and noise. Paired with a sicce silent pump it works perfectly.
Which versions do you have for those? I was looking at the bio pellet version to hopefully replace liquid carbon dosing. But need more info on carbon dosing in general before pulling trigger.

afrokobe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How come you don't like the 2 little fishies one? I got one, but I haven't used it yet

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How come you don't like the 2 little fishies one? I got one, but I haven't used it yet
you need to put it together super duper tight, or it leaks.
The little black sponges they give you is useless and lets all smaller media through, rowaphos for example will end up in your tank, so you need larger type media.

I learned the above through mind-blowing frustration, maybe since now you know you can avoid it.

But honestly, the aquamaxx costs exactly the same price as the 2 little fishies, and when you hold both in your hands, you can really see and feel the difference between cheap and quality.

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which versions do you have for those? I was looking at the bio pellet version to hopefully replace liquid carbon dosing. But need more info on carbon dosing in general before pulling trigger.
I have the "GFO carbon and biopellet hang on", but they also make a fluidized reactor.

OP
OP
J

jft

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you planning to run in it? I can tell you I’ve had, turbo floater, Reef Octo, Nyos and a few others, personally get the BRS reactor kit with the Sicce pump. I picked up and extra canister and such, makes swap out of media painless, it just works.
Any MEDIA i Want That is why I asked for Versatility.

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the Avast spyglass i purchased a couple months ago. I did not like the lifereef that was made for my sump.

Ajayabb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the worst luck with the BRS carbon reactor. Nothing but a trickle of water would come out of the return tubing into the sump. I switched to the LifeGard reactor and use it for carbon. High quality materials and it fits perfectly in my sump.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 155 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back