Best sand sifting fish for 25 gallon tank?

OP
Chris_Noles

Chris_Noles

View Badges
Reaction score
You dont need phyto, but live phyto will help copepods establish a population faster
He didn't touch any of the mysis or pellets but I turned off the flow to try to get a lot of it to settle on the sandbed, I ordered some copepods and some reefroids because I saw on another post that if you squirt some of the roids on the sand near him he will end up eating it apparently

OP
Chris_Noles

Chris_Noles

View Badges
Reaction score
Well he was floating at the top of the tank last night and I thought he was dying, turns out maybe he was trying to signal another goby, he is acting just fine now

OP
Chris_Noles

Chris_Noles

View Badges
Reaction score
So far he is doing well, just bought some copepods for him to eat and some reefroids, what I have been doing in the meantime is crushing up some krill pellets I had and mixing it up with some mysis and putting it on the sand he has his burrow by. Fingers crossed with this guy!

OP
Chris_Noles

Chris_Noles

View Badges
Reaction score
Well I came home after work yesterday and he was dead, he was eating just fine 2 days ago, I'm not going to try my luck with anymore fish in my tank, for some reason I can't keep a 4th fish alive :(

Top Shelf Aquatics

BiggestE222

View Badges
Reaction score
Wouldnt recommend a two spot goby to many people, they have a terrible track record for staying alive long term. If you see it getting skinny supplement with live copepod, 25 gallon tank is going to have a problem sustaining a high enough population of organisms to keep a 2 spot goby alive.
I have one in a 75 gallon and i still try to supplement once and a while, only had it for 7 months though so i wouldnt say i have long term success by any means
Two spots require spot feeding unless you have a healthy pod population

OP
Chris_Noles

Chris_Noles

View Badges
Reaction score
sorry for your loss. very frustrating I know. Frankly, taking a break from adding fish is probably good for your mental health. Go back at it next month and just try to enjoy your tank in the meantime
Yup, I was convinced he was gonna be able to survive, I even started a brine hatchery

dedragon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Sorry for the loss, dont be too down, as i said before they have a terrible record for staying alive. Also mine just spits sand all day onto my gmk zoa and chalice corals so i have to keep using a turkey baster to blow them off, cool fish but it is definitely annoying as well

Avast

WHAT WATER CHANGE "PERCENTAGE" MAKES IT WORTH DOING?

• 5% - 10%

Votes: 18 11.5%
  • 10% - 20%

Votes: 86 55.1%
  • 20% - 30%

Votes: 30 19.2%
  • 30% - 40%

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • 40% - 50%

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • 50% or more

Votes: 0 0.0%