best SPS light?

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does everyone agree that you need to but expensive lights like radion to get great growth and color pop? I have been given total approval from hubby to get radions but when at look at the price of noopsyche, espially from low cost aquarium or ali express dhgate ect. I just dont know If I canbring myself to pay that! They are nice looking but I really like the way noops look as well, very similar with a nice mount and zetlight ufos are 249.00 apiece with 10 percent off and those are cool as hell, super nice mounts too with a moonlight that goes around the surface of light and keeps fish from jumping! Help! Cant decide!

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do you have any pics of your tank? Wow Like Wow! I just looked them up and crazy color pop! Is that for real or do you think they are using special lens on camera. I wento their website. Thinking of buying one. Being its 135 watts that will be plenty for a 36 gallon bowfront! Well, do you think one would be since its 30 inches wide? Its 11 at the ends but 15 in the middle where the bow ids. Does having all those differ spectrums give more pop or is it the glare thing? It looks really cool when you look up and just send the color of the lens and not a big white glare looking back at you as well. I was thinking about radions and even noopsyche but I was thinking when I upgrade soon to my 120 gallon I would probably need only but was planning on 4 radions, so if I get 3 I would be saving money and they look pretty large so that 3 would look nice on a tank that size. Do you know how wide they are? Dont see dimensions

oh boy are you ever going to get pics when he wakes up!

xiaoxiy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh boy are you ever going to get pics when he wakes up!
Why the heck are you posting at 2AM.

do you have any pics of your tank? Wow Like Wow! I just looked them up and crazy color pop! Is that for real or do you think they are using special lens on camera. I wento their website. Thinking of buying one. Being its 135 watts that will be plenty for a 36 gallon bowfront! Well, do you think one would be since its 30 inches wide? Its 11 at the ends but 15 in the middle where the bow ids. Does having all those differ spectrums give more pop or is it the glare thing? It looks really cool when you look up and just send the color of the lens and not a big white glare looking back at you as well. I was thinking about radions and even noopsyche but I was thinking when I upgrade soon to my 120 gallon I would probably need only but was planning on 4 radions, so if I get 3 I would be saving money and they look pretty large so that 3 would look nice on a tank that size. Do you know how wide they are? Dont see dimensions
I'll do ya one better, here's a video.

A single Reefi Extreme would be more than enough light for a 36 bowfront. The reflector is amazing at preventing glare and is the main reason I went with Reefi. I can now sit on my sofa and not get blinded when I look at the tank. The coloration and pop great too; I can't say enough about how glad I went with Reefis.

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Halides are too hot and also inefficient.... drives up the electric bill like mad!

T5 bulbs fade after 10 months... high replacement cost... and actinic bulvs are pretty poor.

LEDs are very directional, prone to shadows and disco ball effect.... except Kessils, but they do a lousy job with SPS.

A T5 combo with some good LED actinic strips is a great combo...

i use all LED strips and by angling them in different directions, it eliminates shadows.
Wow! Great idea. Do you have a canopy to hide them? What brand do you use?

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why the heck are you posting at 2AM.

I'll do ya one better, here's a video.

A single Reefi Extreme would be more than enough light for a 36 bowfront. The reflector is amazing at preventing glare and is the main reason I went with Reefi. I can now sit on my sofa and not get blinded when I look at the tank. The coloration and pop great too; I can't say enough about how glad I went with Reefis.
WOW! NIce, you arent kidding about no glare. I like seeing just the color of the leds. I havt seen many in person being a newbie but in pics you just see white. I got to thinking though. This isnt going to work with one unless I cut the center brace. Its just plastic and probably not doin much being its only 35 gallons but when I move to 120 and was going to add two more would have to go in center and dont want to destroy a brace n one that large!

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 20 22.7%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 33 37.5%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 14 15.9%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 20 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back