Best way to remove Tin?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefer 250. I passively run about 2 TBSP in a mesh bag I just throw in the sump with some carbon whenever I think about replacing it. I don't really think anything will make it change color except copper so if it's absorbing other things, I just try to change it every few months to keep it relatively fresh and then regen it once before tossing it.

Ok. Sounds great. Do you recommend a good mesh bag or know where to get them?

Kinda been looking for a good bag for carbon, but now it will be carbon and a little cuprisorb. :)

daelie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok. Sounds great. Do you recommend a good mesh bag or know where to get them?

Kinda been looking for a good bag for carbon, but now it will be carbon and a little cuprisorb. :)

Petsmart sells little mesh bags for like a buck each, I go in every few months and clear off their rack.

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Petsmart sells little mesh bags for like a buck each, I go in every few months and clear off their rack.

Ok! Pet-smart...I wouldn’t have ever thought. Apparently they’re good quality if they keep you coming back to clear the shelf. :)

I’ll pick some up!

Mike Jane

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To those suffering from tin specifically, is your display tank glass new? New float glass, especially optiwhite, has the potential to initially leach tin from the manufacturing process back to the tank water. On the upside it should have normalised after 6 months or sooner.
I've always assumed the coating on float glass is only on one side, as part of the manufacture process, so the tank makers should make sure this surface is on the outside of the tank. can't remember how you can tell!!!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back