bif24701

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is going to be the third reboot of my system. I am about to complete my duty as an Active Duty member of the US Air Force and that will require me and my family to move. This time I want to keep everything under the stand, this is because we plan to start searching for a home to buy within a year. I don't want at this time to do any major construction/destruction on this build because we will be renting again until we find our forever home. I will be ordering my Red Sea Reefer XXL 750 from BRS @randyBRS . I have been doing great business with them and they have been very helpful along all my builds and many many many purchases. Going with Red Sea becuase love the look of the Reefer, the 750 is same size as my current display so equipment should move right over, and the stand is really nice too.

First off, I already have a 180 gallon display with about 300 gallons total system volume. See my signature. Will be keeping all that equipment. I may change out the sump for a Trigger 44 triton sump, if it will fit. My SRO-5000Int is a bif skimmer and will take up most of the room in the stock sump. A good size refugium (18+ gallons) is very important to me.

Please help me out, what is the length of the large sump section within the stand (internal dimensions)?

I am looking for any help and feedback along the way, especially right now while I have equipment I am willing to trade, sell, replace, purchase whatever equipment I need to literally make the bestest moistest perfect 750XXL that I possible can.

Thanks

Equipment:

APEX Classic with every bell and whistle, 3 each EB8

2x Kessil AP700

Vortech MP60

2x Tunze 6105's controlled via APEX

2x WAV pumps

(I like lots of flow)

Varios-8 return pump

SRO-5000Int Skimmer

More to come as things get set in stone.

Some of my live stock going into the Red Sea Reefer XXL 750:
WWC WD frag:

and many many other frags, colonies, mostly SPS. Mostly acropora.

Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 20.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back