Big Announcement - The Vertex Cerebra Pre-Order with Special $$$

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Bugger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you bought one please share some photos.

The rest of us unlucky people didn't get one.

OP
OP
AquariumSpecialty

AquariumSpecialty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pre-sale is over until we do a count on sold units vs. what's coming into stock. We expect the shipment to be here on Friday or Monday.

Thank you,

Bj’s Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you get a chance to get one at the introductory price. I would jump on it. I'm happy with the one I have. The support on there forum has been beyond great. Don't miss out on a good thing by listening to the naysayers.

Aquanius

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, would love to jump in on it as well, just missed the sales :) LMK thanks

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I have read these threads about the Vertex Cerebra and the fevered response to the device. I wonder would you pay the full retail for the unit?
Would you be as excited about it that you would pay 700 dollars for the base unit?
Having kept aquariums for 53 years now I have seen many devices come and go. Many have used this low price to get people to buy their product.

So would you shell out the full retail for the device or would you be holding off to see how it pan's out?

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I have read these threads about the Vertex Cerebra and the fevered response to the device. I wonder would you pay the full retail for the unit?
Would you be as excited about it that you would pay 700 dollars for the base unit?
Having kept aquariums for 53 years now I have seen many devices come and go. Many have used this low price to get people to buy their product.

So would you shell out the full retail for the device or would you be holding off to see how it pan's out?
I wouldn't pay full price for anything in beta if that's what you're asking.

Aside from that point, full price or not, when it arrived in my hands, I was pretty excited with it and its potential and still am with the weekly improvements we are getting. The Vertex team is literally taking our suggestions, working it up in their next firmware update, testing it, and releasing it very quickly for us to try.

I had issues with my ORP warning limits not allowing me to set a number above 300 mV. 2-3 weeks later, it's in the next firmware update and it works now. Love it and love their commitment level to the product.

I still think it's not ready for my main display but I have over $4000 in livestock alone in there so I don't make hasty and rushed decisions on that tank. I'll keep testing it on my frag tank and once it seems like a polished product and out of beta, I'll give it a try then on the display.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would you have bought it if it was just introduced without any Beta tag and was priced at 700 dollars? Apex and GHL always take suggestions on firmware updates. It may take a little while as the vet them but you usually see the suggestions if they do not cause issues.

OP
OP
AquariumSpecialty

AquariumSpecialty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so a few weeks ago we announced that we were going to do something special for Cerebra pre-order customers. Today we are making that announcement. Anyone who placed an order on or before August 10th for a Cerebra controller will qualify for 5 TIMES reward points for the Cerebra Prima purchase. To receive 5 TIMES REWARD POINTS all you have to do is go to the link below and write a product review on the Cerebra controller. After we see your review we will manually add 5 times the reward points to your account for a future purchase from Aquarium Specialty. It's that simple. To keep it interesting post in this thread if you write a review.

http://www.aquariumspecialty.com/eq...s/controllers/vertex-cerebra-prima-controller

Oh, and those of you that have been patiently waiting on the next batch...the tracking shows that our shipment is in Atlanta, GA. Based on the tracking information we expect to ship all pre-orders in 2 days.

Thank you,

Last edited:
OP
OP
AquariumSpecialty

AquariumSpecialty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I think they got their shipment in!! I just got a email from them with a shipping number!!!

Lonny, our shipping dept went ahead and printed up all the shipping labels today so we could receive in the shipment and ship them all back out on the same day. Please see post # 217.

Thank you,

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 30 78.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 7.9%
Back