Big Announcement Today on a Live Event

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Teddyboy16

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like they've screwed over a bunch of current loyal Apex users with no backward compatibility with the EB832. Why is that? It's an aquabus device is it not? Looks like it's only a matter of time before they develop new modules that won't be backward compatible as well. Was looking forward to the new return pump and FMM module, instead just found out we're slowly being phased out. Not diggin' this trend.

The EB832 has realtime power monitoring on individual outlets. The classic apex doesnt have the horsepower and resources to handle that. Could they make it work? Maybe, but the compromises to get it to function would be to great as to make it not worth it or impossible. It's very difficult if not impossible piggyback new hardware onto on old platform. Sometimes to get to the next level you have to breakaway with a new design that has the resources to support the features/services that people want and to remain competitive.

Classic apex has been around for quite a while. It might be possible that they can back port some features that don't rely entirely on the new hardware if it makes sense from a technical, support, and business standpoint. Embedded systems are never changed without good reason and never lightly. They are (most likely) using a more powerful newer processor from the same family to keep the code base the same. That's just one thing that's new to the hardware platform. There's probably much more. It's unreasonable to expect classic apex to keep going as it is without a redesign. You can still look forward to the COR and FMM. It will be nice to have that tight integration into the base unit and fusion.

Marquiseo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's funny how people are defending shady practices. The issue is not that Neptune added a new, improved controller system to the line, which is great, but that instead of not releasing the information for potential buyers ahead of time to pre-order/buy it instead; they chose to bait hobbyists into buying the older model so that they won't have to sit on the "Classic" models due to the release of the new one. The controller was not presented at any event like all the other products they have released which hints at the fact that this speedy, "hoodwinking" release was intentional.

Everyone is trying to compare this to Apple and televisions. Apple releases a new phone every year so customers know to save up for the new one each year instead of buying the previous model. TVs are released every year so it is implied to wait till the beginning of the year to buy the latest model or settle with the previous year.

This case is more like the release of Playstation or Xbox. New systems come out every ~4 to 6 years. You would be seriously angry if you just bought a PS4/XBOX One, which I might add that the Neptune Apex Gold costs double of, and Sony/Microsoft out of the blue releases a Playstation 5/Xbox 2 a few weeks later for sales starting next month with no notification.

See if from a different perspective instead of just settling in your own views.

Marquiseo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Return it and buy the new one.........
You can't return open products unless it is not as specified in the sale, damaged by shipping or manufacturer, or contains a defect that hinders usability. That is in the policy of 90% of the retailers' policy.

EmmaG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can't return open products unless it is not as specified in the sale, damaged by shipping or manufacturer, or contains a defect that hinders usability. That is in the policy of 90% of the retailers' policy.

Of course you could. Most large retailers will take it back if it's in new condition. I've done it many times

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't understand how people could not realize that they were coming out with something new when they dropped the price.
Well, it could have been to try and pickup more market share before the vertex cerebra drops in late June...

Marquiseo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of course you could. Most large retailers will take it back if it's in new condition. I've done it many times

Who's most retailers? If I were on my laptop, I'd post every major retailers' return policy.

EmmaG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty much anyone. I've returned TV's phones, computers, cameras Etc....all opened and I just didn't like them. Fish stuff, ATO's, power heads and I'm sure more that just didn't work out for me..... generally it says "in new condition with all the original packaging "

psirex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have returned stuff opened and simply stated that it wasn't what I expected or did not fit my needs or I want to swap for something different the only question they ask is "is it damaged or broken" I say no (which it isn't) and they refund my money or I get something different........

EmmaG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FosterSmith -Returns Policy
If you are dissatisfied with your merchandise at any time you may return it for a replacement or refund of your full merchandise cost. It's part of our no-risk customer guarantee.

FlyinBryan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great! I just bought the old one 4 weeks ago. Thanks for letting us know though!

eg8r210

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't understand how people could not realize that they were coming out with something new when they dropped the price.
It is funny how people think this is a shady practice. I don't remember an "out of the blue" sale on Apex and all of a sudden people are surprised. Craziness.

EmmaG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Marine depot -
If you would like to return an item, you must first request a Return Merchandise Authorization number (RMA) within 60 days of the date your order was shipped.

Returned items must be sent back to us in new and unused condition in the original packaging along with all accessories, warranty cards, manuals, software, cables, etc.

jams77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I called an attorney that deals with this stuff and sent him the announcement video, responses, and emails I received from various Distributors and they agree that is was a deceptive sale. They'll look into it further and said they'll get back to me. I'm not an attorney and tend to let them tell what is right. Not some companies plastic loving fanboy.

michaelrc51

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I called an attorney that deals with this stuff and sent him the announcement video, responses, and emails I received from various Distributors and they agree that is was a deceptive sale. They'll look into it further and said they'll get back to me. I'm not an attorney and tend to let them tell what is right. Not some companies plastic loving fanboy.

That's crazy. Deceptive sale......come on dude.
Lawyers will take on anything these days.

I have tried to return electronics before and it never worked for me. Of course, I do my research before I buy something.

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Welcome to R2R!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 30 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 7.5%
Back