OP
OP
bigdeeezyyyy

bigdeeezyyyy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At least you were smart enough to use a 4piston head. Probably best Honda heads you can buy. Made any passes yet or no ? I'm glad to see you stayed B and didn't go K honestly.

Learned from previous mistakes so this build I went all out and the correct way! I'm B series all the way! I dont know anything about K lol no passes yet still Being worked on

OP
OP
bigdeeezyyyy

bigdeeezyyyy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coral shipment from AquaSD is en route and will be delivered tomorrow...been reading about bayer dip the past couple of days and bought a bottle at lowes earlier. Will be first attempt at dipping corals with bayer!

Feels like Christmas already! The excitement!

OP
OP
bigdeeezyyyy

bigdeeezyyyy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
List of frags I got from @AquaSD ;Smuggrin
Nothing crazy or fancy but good for me!

ASD - Jokers Favia
ASD - Acid Storm Acropora
Decorated Giraffe Palys
Orange Leptastrea
ASD - Darksteel Favia
ASD - Applebees Montipora
ASD - Space Spartan Bubble Anemone
ASD - Purple Panic Echinata
Rainbow Yuma Ricordea
Splitting War Coral
ASD Purple Shake Platy
Sweet Maxi Mini Carpet Green
ASD - Lime Times Maxi Mini Anemone
Freebie - 2 headed Duncan

The limes time maxi is hiding somewhere and currently MIA...have no clue where it went!

First time doing bayer dip and lets just say it will be a must every time going forward! Got this container at Target and its perfect for this!

OP
OP
bigdeeezyyyy

bigdeeezyyyy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took the kids out to a theme park yesterday and came back to find my limes maxi out...but looks dead at the bottom of the tank! :( looked like it was gutted! Took it and put it at a low flow area that easily accessible to see what happens...any suggestions on what I should do? This sucks!

20191012_222009.jpg
20191012_222015.jpg

OP
OP
bigdeeezyyyy

bigdeeezyyyy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added colonies of neon green candy canes, hammers and green palythoa grandis that I purchased from a local reefer for one heck of a lifetime deal!
Also added a yellow coris and a carpenter to the DT

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-6iNp--hsZCk/Xa35ok1ntUI/AAAAAAAAaLI/dYj_-BAA3wwR_yN0EjdhsU1OnDhjhBz4gCK8BGAsYHg/s0/2019-10-21.jpg

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-NGj6Ln4gSww/Xa35obRvLiI/AAAAAAAAaLE/MCDo7QWCyw0Mr_Z6la7GpH4COh2YFfbLQCK8BGAsYHg/s0/2019-10-21.jpg

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-660FGq2pVYQ/Xa35oPvowsI/AAAAAAAAaLA/8HNUQp-EzU07Mj56ZhZcIxmCY_qnreLxQCK8BGAsYHg/s0/2019-10-21.jpg

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-epFM_yziMeI/XaDCrnUesKI/AAAAAAAAaAU/gh01ZYneDBY4MiXWja4J1_Vp9b4mnFeJQCK8BGAsYHg/s0/2019-10-11.jpg

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-3MYqS7AZRhk/XaDC_CR_XlI/AAAAAAAAaAg/zkjf_Qs2Ltw6MSZ6HVf2hCROFFMztvucACK8BGAsYHg/s0/2019-10-11.jpg

OP
OP
bigdeeezyyyy

bigdeeezyyyy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just checked parameters to find that my nitrate is pretty high and lingering around 40ppm...just did a 20% water change and went out to get a bottle of Red Sea NOPOX at the LFS as well as some chaeto.

Anyone have experience with NOPOX with success stories?

OP
OP
bigdeeezyyyy

bigdeeezyyyy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tiny update...last night i saw my emerald crab posted on top of a zoa frag i had in the tank for the longest time without moving...decided to give it a poke and it did not move at all...RIP Mr. Crab.

Just leaving the tank alone for now and trying to lower my nitrates in the meantime.

Current FTS:
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/--Tgu6f-nG_8/XcHSfGxRpXI/AAAAAAAAasM/HlgQoqdf19U4PA7u0hlfPVG_EkUX6wAJACK8BGAsYHg/s0/2019-11-05.jpg

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-jmkAZVWqLc4/XcHSfqGntOI/AAAAAAAAasQ/bs2qvCY6RLoCeaKUVUgHrDe1VBbCN3bJgCK8BGAsYHg/s0/2019-11-05.jpg

OP
OP
bigdeeezyyyy

bigdeeezyyyy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently contemplating to get a diffuser for my Hydra 26HD and not sure if it will help a lot with coral coloration or not...I am currently running it at 70% intensity at 17500k. If i get a diffuser, will i have to bump up the intensity to 100%? Will it affect the color of the tank much?

Sorry for a noob question

Soylent Wrasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently contemplating to get a diffuser for my Hydra 26HD and not sure if it will help a lot with coral coloration or not...I am currently running it at 70% intensity at 17500k. If i get a diffuser, will i have to bump up the intensity to 100%? Will it affect the color of the tank much?

Sorry for a noob question
It should help blend colors if you're getting a disco ball effect (single spots of red/blue/green/white etc). Strength of the light will go down a little. Exact amount, no idea but a good starting point is 10% or so. Leave the strength at the current level, and adjust as needed after a week.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking great!!

Michelle G

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I just got an HD 26 light for my Cadlight cube similar to yours. I was wondering which mount did you use or did you build it?
Thanks

OP
OP
bigdeeezyyyy

bigdeeezyyyy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It should help blend colors if you're getting a disco ball effect (single spots of red/blue/green/white etc). Strength of the light will go down a little. Exact amount, no idea but a good starting point is 10% or so. Leave the strength at the current level, and adjust as needed after a week.

I may try it out and see how it comes out. Thanks!

Looking great!!

Thank you sir!

Hi I just got an HD 26 light for my Cadlight cube similar to yours. I was wondering which mount did you use or did you build it?
Thanks

Hi! I purchased my Hydra 26HD with the mount from a fellow reefer. It is the RedSea Hydra mount that I believe came with the Reefer series complete tanks.

OP
OP
bigdeeezyyyy

bigdeeezyyyy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3DReefing Diffuser came in and Im actually liking it!

Going to start using a filter media cup with filter floss instead of filter socks. See how that goes. Also picked up a Hanna ALK checker since my Salifert one expired. Hanna Phosphate checker and Nyos Calcium test kit are OTW...Might as well update it all!

Also had some time over the weekend to play around with some extra acrylic pieces that I had...made a tiny gourmet defroster and had one of my buddies laser some acrylic pieces for me to make a sand bed box for my wrasses to sleep in since my tank is BB. Pics with sand in it coming soon!

mpekoske

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m doing the same with my cadlight 60 with trigger sump... what did you do off of the return bulkhead? There’s a smaller pipe when the original hose goes but how did you covert it to standard

OP
OP
bigdeeezyyyy

bigdeeezyyyy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
bigdeeezyyyy

bigdeeezyyyy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did a water change yesterday and while examining the tank, i found that both of my RBTAs have split! Super stoked!

I had 1 RBTA that had bulbs and 1 that really didnt have bulbs so now you can see 2 of each! So weird...
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-S1w8phseiu8/XelYg9_NSVI/AAAAAAAAbw4/sYb3OajronY2rI9LztHwRUtgT1dvJfyegCK8BGAsYHg/s0/2019-12-05.jpg

OP
OP
bigdeeezyyyy

bigdeeezyyyy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know how I can get rid of these thick hair algae or what can mow these down? Hard for me to take out the aquascape to scrub them off! HELP!

20200101_212810.jpg 20200101_212830.jpg 20200101_212930.jpg

Back