OP
Billldg

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I was told that now my tank will not be ready to shipped out until the end of this month due to illnesses with the cabinetry dept, UGH!!! It can happen, so it is what it is. I need this tank to be shipped ASAP as the more time I have to think about things the more it cost me, LOL!!! I am already adding a 60 in hybrid with 5 Ecotech XR15 G5 Blues, but now I will likely add 2 60in Orphek or ReefBrite LED strips on the outside of the hybrid fixture and point them inward to prevent any shading.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received my replacement part for the 2 stage DI unit and the 44 lbs of Reborn today. Thanks @Bulk Reef Supply, though UPS messed up and it arrived a little late, I replaced the part and installed the unit and it works great now. Now I have a 7 stage RO/DI unit. As far as the Reborn, well, 44 lbs don't sound like much, until you have to lift it, LOL!!! ;Hilarious

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went to Petco today and picked up a new 40b. I will paint the back and sides either today or tomorrow. My 20 lbs of live rock that I bought from KP Aquatics cycled very quickly, so it looks like I will be trying to have the 40b setup this weekend, maybe Sunday. I am setting up the 40b for the corals in my tank and a few of the fish as well. I am sure, actually hopeful, that ths high end LPS that I have will survive in the newer tank. I am actually confident that the LPS will survive, not so sure about the SPS though, we will see. Either way it needed to be done as I will need to start to tear down my current DT, or at least get prepared to do so. I will use a spare flow pump for flow in the tank and I purchased a new HOB filter for it. I will also use the Maxspect Razor 200 that I used to have on my 120 gal tank for lighting.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MY NEW TANK IS RUNNING, MY NEW TANK IS RUNNING!!!

Actually, it’s just the 40b I filled up to today, BUT I MADE YOU LOOK, LOL!!! ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious

It’s is new, so technically I am not lying.:rolleyes:

Not sure if @fishguy242 will approve of the scape though, lol!!!
181BB525-4223-4A71-8BEB-C99B8ED9E60D.jpeg

FlexingFishSticks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MY NEW TANK IS RUNNING, MY NEW TANK IS RUNNING!!!

Actually, it’s just the 40b I filled up to today, BUT I MADE YOU LOOK, LOL!!! ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious

It’s is new, so technically I am not lying.:rolleyes:

Not sure if @fishguy242 will approve of the scape though, lol!!!
181BB525-4223-4A71-8BEB-C99B8ED9E60D.jpeg
Jerk.....fooled me! Nonetheless that a nice 40!

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jerk.....fooled me! Nonetheless that a nice 40!
Lol, hopefully the actual tank will ship at the end of this month...hopefully. If so then I will likely have it set up and cycling by the end of the year. That's my goal as Macna is in my backyard and I would love to be able to buy some high end sticks and take them straight home with no stress to the frags.

FlexingFishSticks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol, hopefully the actual tank will ship at the end of this month...hopefully. If so then I will likely have it set up and cycling by the end of the year. That's my goal as Macna is in my backyard and I would love to be able to buy some high end sticks and take them straight home with no stress to the frags.
That would be the most ideal situation right there! Hope it goes as planned. I’m dying to see your tank filled and setup! :cool:

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OH OH!!! Just started to buy more things for my new tank thanks to the Black Friday sales starting. I just ordered the Aquatic Life X18 61in Hybrid fixture, now I just need Ecotech to go on sale.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I honestly think the companies that have MAP pricing really have no clue what a sale is. They give a 10 percent off sale and think its a deal. Personally, at 10 percent, I will only buy what I already had planned on buying to begin with. Neptune and Ecotech, both companies whose products I love and use, always have a 10 percent off sale during Black Friday. At best it will pay for the taxes that most of us have to pay now. You may ask why I bring this up, WELL, I feel that Coralvue did us a top notch service this year with their 20-25 percent off sales on multiple products. I already purchase a 2nd Gyre XF350 pump, and though I was going to wait, I will also buy a Reef Octopus Regal 250SSS. At 25 percent off, I could not wait. So @Jeff@CoralVue, @Michael@CoralVue, and who ever else @CoralVue, GREAT JOB AND SALE!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got some news that Ecotech will not be putting the Vectra's or G5's on sale this year. This is a little concerning to me. I can say that if this is the case you can say good-bye to a Vectra M2 sale from me. I will simply buy another Cor 20, which has the same driver and pretty much is the same pump. I will still buy the XR15 G5 Blues, but it will not be until next year and I will be in no rush. I will put my money to other vendors that are actually having a sale.

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the 40b. Getting close to the big date.

Way to go on your 10% MAP rant. Ecotech saw it and isn’t giving anything now. :p
Good call on the hybrid. Love mine.

TexAgReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got some news that Ecotech will not be putting the Vectra's or G5's on sale this year. This is a little concerning to me. I can say that if this is the case you can say good-bye to a Vectra M2 sale from me. I will simply buy another Cor 20, which has the same driver and pretty much is the same pump. I will still buy the XR15 G5 Blues, but it will not be until next year and I will be in no rush. I will put my money to other vendors that are actually having a sale.
That is incredibly disappointing. I’ve been waiting to buy my lights just for the BF Sale...

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is incredibly disappointing. I’ve been waiting to buy my lights just for the BF Sale...
Lets wait and see, but this info came from the BRS customer service rep that I just got off the phone with as I was curious if they would get anymore M2's in, and when I asked he said that neither the G5 or the Vectra was on the sale list. This can always be open to interpretation, it just depends.

Last edited:

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 49 40.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 27.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 22 18.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.7%
Back