OP
Billldg

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is another issue I am having with Apex. I hooked up my Trident, a 600 dollar piece of equipment, that I shut down as PER THEIR INSTRUCTIONS, and now I am having an issue with the sample line. Seriously @NeptunePaul, and every other Neptune person that looks at this forum. I just opened up a 2nd ticket with them. I did like Apex, but now its getting OLD!!!

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
K, I am guessing that their was some salt deposits in the sample line and it worked loose because now it is working. It could happen as I shut down the Trident 2 months ago.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you going to measure PAR? I have 5 Xr15 g4 pros on the same fixture. I am getting outstanding growth and good color running them T 95% AB +. I often wonder if I could get even better color from my Tenuis with more light. I think I am getting 350-400 PAR about 6 inches below surface measured with Seneye.
I took a quick par reading just now and with the LED's at 50 percent I was getting 200+ on the sand and 300-400+ on the aquascape across the tank.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just installed AFS on my tank and connected it to Apex. I needed to get this in place in order to move the fish over the the DT before I go on vacation. Tomorrow I will probably move, at least, the single clown fish I have. I am not worried about moving it to the tank as its now really a cycling tank. Though it is new, it has live rock in it and is 225 gals. I will add the other fish before I go on vacation next week as well.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, I got to get a real PAR meter! I am not getting that at 95% with 5!
You can rent one from BRS. Really no need to buy one.

Plus, you have to remember that I have G5 Blues, so I will get higher Par readings in the AB+ spectrum.

BRS did a study, and the Seneye was pretty darn accurate.

Last edited:

Tom Stevens

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can rent one from BRS. Really no need to buy one.

Plus, you have to remember that I have G5 Blues, so I will get higher Par readings in the AB+ spectrum.

BRS did a study, and the Seneye was pretty darn accurate.
Thanks Bill. I did not realize the G5 blues were so much more powerful. I will pull out the Seneye again and take another look. I am also a year in for the T5s so I plan on replacing. I looked for the Apogee rental, but I could not find on BRS site. I did find it on BRS with a Google search but they are out of stock.

Congrats on getting lights on the tank. If your tank is anything like mine, you should be seeing a lot of cables by now. I have bricks coming out of my ears!

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Bill. I did not realize the G5 blues were so much more powerful. I will pull out the Seneye again and take another look. I am also a year in for the T5s so I plan on replacing. I looked for the Apogee rental, but I could not find on BRS site. I did find it on BRS with a Google search but they are out of stock.

Congrats on getting lights on the tank. If your tank is anything like mine, you should be seeing a lot of cables by now. I have bricks coming out of my ears!
LOL!!! I do have bricks coming out of my ears. The G5 Blue was built specifically around the AB+ spectrum. So it should have more Par vs. the G4. It has more blue LED's. I just posted a question to Ecotech about the difference in Par reading between a G4 running the AB+ and a G5 Blue. If you weren't a couple thousand miles away, I would come over and take readings with my Par meter, lol!!!

Honestly, after I get my tank lighting in order, I will have no problem shipping my meter to you.

Tom Stevens

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL!!! I do have bricks coming out of my ears. The G5 Blue was built specifically around the AB+ spectrum. So it should have more Par vs. the G4. It has more blue LED's. I just posted a question to Ecotech about the difference in Par reading between a G4 running the AB+ and a G5 Blue. If you weren't a couple thousand miles away, I would come over and take readings with my Par meter, lol!!!

Honestly, after I get my tank lighting in order, I will have no problem shipping my meter to you.
Come on over! What’s a couple thousand miles between reefer friends!

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WELL, I just made my first fish order for the new tank. I just bought a Pintail Fairy wrasse, Yellow Flanked Fairy wrasse, and a Eight Line Flasher wrasse from @tsmaquatics.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OHH, and I added my Oynx Clown fish and my Tomini tang to the DT. I would have added the 4 Blue/Green Chromis, but I didn't feel like chasing after them tonight, LOL!!! I will do that tomorrow.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WELL, one day in with 2 fish and my Onyx Clownfish decided to go carpet surfing, or in this case, hardwood floor surfing, UGH!!! Seriously...a clownfish...in a 225 gal tank, with Eurobracing, and it still launches itself out. It is always something. I chased my Chromis around for a while, but was able to get them out of the 40b and into my 225. I also installed some black egg crate on the top to cover it to prevent anything from jumping out again until I get my custom top in.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in the process of calibrating my Trident and my Apex salinity probe. I am thankful that this time the Apex salinity probe did as it should. I am wondering if I did something wrong last time, thus, the issues calibration it. Who knows?
This time around I did the first calibration dry, and the second in the solution. After calibration, the Apex salinity probe was darn near spot on to the .001. The temp probe was spot on, so I didn't need to calibrate it.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in the process of calibrating my Trident and my Apex salinity probe. I am thankful that this time the Apex salinity probe did as it should. I am wondering if I did something wrong last time, thus, the issues calibration it. Who knows?
This time around I did the first calibration dry, and the second in the solution. After calibration, the Apex salinity probe was darn near spot on to the .001. The temp probe was spot on, so I didn't need to calibrate it.
Yeah, I recall being frustrated with that calibration process a few times because I was doing the initial calibration wet. Finally someone around here said "don't follow the instructions, instead do it this way, dry first time through".

Could be that I was reading what I thought it should read, not what was actually printed.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just clean the glass front of my tank and I am starting to see the beginning of the ugly stage. I guess I will have to get the CuC for the tank. I will order it from @reefcleaners. I am just waiting on a few more snails to show up to place an order. I hope they get some Money Crowies and Nassarius distortus in. I wouldn't get it before I return from Reefapolooza, so no rush.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the latest picture, their are a few pieces of live rock that I haven't moved back to the sump yet. Trying to decide if I want to put a WWC Grafted Monti cap in or not.

20210509_151328.jpg

20210509_151328.jpg

The red circles are rock that will go back into the sump, the yellow I may move to the left or put in the sump.

Please excuse the cabling, I haven't tied them back yet to hide them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just placed an order at @reefcleaners for 30 Dwarf Cerith snails, 3 Emerald crabs, 10 Florida Cerith snails, and 15 small Trochus snails. If they get in the others I wanted then I will add then to the order as I will not get them until after Reefapolooza. The downsize to a bigger tank is the fact that you have to order more to fill it up, LOL!!! ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious

Last edited:

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi Bill , the grafted in yet ? ;) :)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back