BiMac Anthias, Can I Introduce More?

Steven C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,
I have had three BiMac anthias for a little over a year. They seem to be all females. Unfortunately one must have gotten spooked and got it self logged into a rock and died.

I am trying to figure out now if anyone has had success reintroducing more BiMacs into and established group. If so has anyone introduced a male into a group?

Ryebreadiest

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive not kept them but they have a reputation for being fairly easy going I think. More shouldn’t be an issue I wouldn’t think.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have kept bimacs for years. They are among the easiest pseudoanthias to keep in stable groups. I always have bought females when adding to an existing population. Let them decide who get to be the male. Although, for me, once the dominant female turns, seems to start an expiration clock and the fish rarely last more than another 6 months.

OP
OP
Steven C

Steven C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have kept bimacs for years. They are among the easiest pseudoanthias to keep in stable groups. I always have bought females when adding to an existing population. Let them decide who get to be the male. Although, for me, once the dominant female turns, seems to start an expiration clock and the fish rarely last more than another 6 months.
Have you ever tried to add a male? Cause right now there is one large female who isn’t turning.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 29 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 107 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.5%
Back