bio pellets and ALK

  • Thread starter Thread starter jelly
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jelly

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 18, 2011
Messages
587
Reaction score
61
Location
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i was told today that when i run bio pellets it will reduce my alk. they said if i run my alk at 10 it can burn my corals and that i should try to maintain it around 8. what are your guys input on this information cause i really dont know if this is try or not.

thank you
 
Recommended alk is 7-11. I run mine 9-11. Stuff looks great and as far as bio pellets reducing alk...doubt it but can't say I've tried!
 
I don't run bio pellets but I know those that run ULNS zeo tanks keep alk in the 7 range or alk burn can occur. I think it's only an issue if you are stripping the water of all but the smallest traces of nutrients.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new