Bio-pellets & skimmer misconception?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Reefltx
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Reefltx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 13, 2011
Messages
1,229
Reaction score
566
Location
usa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, because of some chemical treatment I used in my tank, my skimmer has been non operation for the past 3 days. Well, the tank has been skimmer-less for at least a week. I left the bio-pellets reactor running through the duration and was unsure if it was okay or not. Did a little searching to find something on the topic, but found nothing but "skimmer is a MUST with bio-pellets", then I came upon an article on reef builders on Marko's beautiful reef tank. Which pretty much defy the common misconception that you need a skimmer when running bio-pellets.

Thoughts, opinion?

http://reefbuilders.com/2011/01/04/sreef-stunning-skimmerless-reef-tank-marko-haga/


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new