Bio pellets in reactor help.

Jim8o

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 12, 2019
Messages
167
Reaction score
453
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering if anyone has used bio pellets in a reactor in the chamber after their skimmer.

I have an AIO tank (DIY) and have a spare chamber that I am looking at putting a biopellet reactor in. However, this chamber is after my skimmer and before my return pump chamber.

I have read a few articles that say the reactor should be before the skimmer so that the skimmer can pull out the reactor effluent.

I guess my question is will the reactor effluent affect my tank if the skimmer wasn’t after it? Surely the skimmer will pull the effluent out eventually right?
 
Well mine sits next to the return pump two chambers away from my skimmer but... pretty sure all bio pellet reactors have an output. I used a section of PVC pipe with a 45 degree downturn that dumps the output of the reactor literally at the pump input for the skimmer. It would pretty much defeat the purpose of the reactor if the bacterial byproduct of the reactor is not skimmed and you end up with bio film all over the tank.
 
Well mine sits next to the return pump two chambers away from my skimmer but... pretty sure all bio pellet reactors have an output. I used a section of PVC pipe with a 45 degree downturn that dumps the output of the reactor literally at the pump input for the skimmer. It would pretty much defeat the purpose of the reactor if the bacterial byproduct of the reactor is not skimmed and you end up with bio film all over the tank.
Thanks for your help. That makes sense to me.

I’m looking at the Aqua Medic Multi Reactor S. I’m not sure however what the output is like on it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new