Biocube 29 Build Advice

roadkeel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 29 gallon Coralife Biocube on the way and it should be here at the end of the week. So tomorrow I am going to place an order of necessary upgrades so I can start this tank hopefully close to complete and not have to do many more big mods.

Right now I have on my list a Tunze 9002 Skimmer. I was thinking about making the 2nd chamber a fuge and placing Rubble Rock and chaeto in it. (removing the bio balls). I am on the fence about changing the pump. I am thinking about a Cobalt MJ1200. On the fence about a powerhead as well.

I am a total newbie. So I am thinking about a few fish to begin with (pair of clowns, a goby, a blenny and maybe a cardinal). Maybe a shrimp or two. Will maybe add beginner corals 4-6 months down the road.

Any advice or personal experience would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

AsphaltPays

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would go with inTank media basket or you could make something similar definitely go with the mj you will be happy the 9002 is an awesome skimmer powerheads you could go with a mp10 or wp10 just depends on your budget I look forward to see what you come up with

One More And I’m Out. Is Failure An Option?

• Yes

Votes: 18 13.0%
  • No

Votes: 104 75.4%
  • Unsure

Votes: 16 11.6%
Back