Biocube 32 light schedule!help!

Daveouthere

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 7, 2020
Messages
88
Reaction score
37
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I need a good schedule for my Biocube tank if anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it. Please include channel 1,2,3etc
 
It might help if we knew what brand of biocube and/or light fixture you have?
 
Here is what they say about their fixture in their own ad:

New LED Coralife BioCube size 32 features a new, modern design. Compatible with all existing BioCube accessories from Coralife.

*Average output at 12-inches
  • PAR* 53
  • Peak PAR* 81
  • LUX* 2200
  • Peak LUX* 3430
Believe me when I say I really hate saying this... an average PAR of 53 and a peak PAR of 81 is, IMHO, pathetic! Coralife should be ashamed of selling a tank like this for anything other than fish only.

I have a PAR of 150+ at 18" below the water surface and I think that's just a touch above good enough. At the top of my rockscape (still 12" under the water surface) I have a PAR of 350. What you have there is just barely enough to keep soft corals alive... barely. I can't find what the 3 channels are in terms of colors and number of leds. But given how lame the PAR levels are, I'd run all 3 at 100% for at least 8 hours a day.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new