Biocube 32 Lighting options

Skelly429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I recently upgraded my first tank from the Fluvial evo 13.5 to a biocube 32. I removed the lid from the biocube and am running a red sea 50 light (75% blue 20% white) as well as the stock fluval evo light on the front for some more supplemental blue lighting. I was wondering if anyone has figured out a way to set the fluval light on a timer to turn on to blue and not white. Or if anyone has found a similar light to use for supplemental light that can be programmed or set on a timer without breaking the bank. have also considered adding an extra red sea 50 or a kessil blue but think that is probably overkill for a biocube. Any advise would be appreciated

OP
OP
S

Skelly429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, the Red Sea ReefLED 50 is probably sufficient on its own.
I figured if I bumped the intensity up I could probably get away with just the red sea 50 however the very front of the tank is slightly shaded by the rockwork(my fault but it is what it is) because of how the light is mounted I could probably fix this by ditching the mounting arm and hanging the light.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I figured if I bumped the intensity up I could probably get away with just the red sea 50 however the very front of the tank is slightly shaded by the rockwork(my fault but it is what it is) because of how the light is mounted I could probably fix this by ditching the mounting arm and hanging the light.
I'd probably need to see an image or two to have a better idea!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 30.4%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back