biocube 32

Kb125

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, I am new to the saltwater world and have recently came across a biocube 32 for about $70 brand new in the box. I currently have a 75 gallon setup waiting to be ran, but due to the planning of moving in the next year or two I am putting that off. However I am itching to get a beautiful reef tank rolling and this was such a great deal I could not pass up the opportunity to start one. I am finding that some of you run a protein skimmer while others don't. I'm just trying to find the best setups you all have the best luck with. I've seen different medias and medial racks, some use UV sterilizers. basically I am asking what products you guys run with the least headaches and best results. I am also looking at taking the hood off and getting and aftermarket light but do not know where to begin on that as well. links are always appreciated as well as any responses. If there is already another thread the same as this one please tag and I will check it out, just overwhelmed with the possibilities of setups and products for them. Thank you guys in advance!

Mooneyhan22

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the following:
Aquaticlife 115 skimmer in chamber 1
inTank media and fuge basket in chamber two. Cheato in the fuge, filter floss on top, chemipure blue on the second shelf and seachem Matrix on the bottom shelf.
Heater, pump and auto top off float switch in chamber 3.
Nero 3 wavemaker
I have been happy with this setup.
Invest in good test kits. Nitrates and Phospates build up fast in nano tanks. I use Hanna checkers for both and it has helped me adjust water changes and feeding to stabilize the tank.

OP
OP
Kb125

Kb125

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$70 new in a box? I thought I saw one at my LFS for about $300. Was it ‘Hot?!?’ Lol. Have fun, and welcome to R2R. :)
It was on a local online auction site that sells “damaged” or open box goods, returns stuff like that. It was in two boxes with foam on all corners spacing the boxes apart. There was a small hole that went through both boxes but didn’t touch the tank making it a “damaged” that can’t sell in a store. When I’m reality everything in it was perfectly fine! Going to do a water test to make sure it holds but pretty excited.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 43.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 30 32.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back