Biocube and custom 80 gal buildish build, Evo no more. There is some reef related content, sometimes.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Suck it nerd
Awkward Krieger GIF by Archer

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
sometimes on bottom-drilled tanks they do tempered sides. do you know anything about the glass?
I've found it super easy to just clamp two pcs of wood to either side of the glass. one has a hole for the bit & holds water to the cut nicely.

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I apologize if I missed it but what size plumbing are you using? I have some bits of leftover pvc taking up space. If it's the right size I'll bring with this weekend. Lmk

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
HMnnn... :thinking-face: Wonder why I got bumped off here Friday?? ...:face-with-rolling-eyes: Back now...:)

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I apologize if I missed it but what size plumbing are you using? I have some bits of leftover pvc taking up space. If it's the right size I'll bring with this weekend. Lmk
One drain is 3/4 one is 1”. I think the return will be 3/4. It’s nice to have you back.
sometimes on bottom-drilled tanks they do tempered sides. do you know anything about the glass?
I've found it super easy to just clamp two pcs of wood to either side of the glass. one has a hole for the bit & holds water to the cut nicely.
I’m not gonna drill. I’ve come up with a plan to go over the back where the weirs are that I think I will be happy with. You are involved in this plan, you just don’t know it yet

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One drain is 3/4 one is 1”. I think the return will be 3/4. It’s nice to have you back.

I’m not gonna drill. I’ve come up with a plan to go over the back where the weirs are that I think I will be happy with. You are involved in this plan, you just don’t know it yet
I'll see what I have in those sizes and let you know. May save you a couple bucks.

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Weekend results:
-T ball followed by cleaning up all the front beds to prep for mulch. I’m super looking forward to laying that (sarcastic font).
-last night I sliced my predominate hands thumb on the metal rim of one of my hummingbird feeders, while trying to clean it. Expect more typos than usual.
-Biocube water change and then vodka was consumed.
Today:
We went to Lowe’s and I purchased supplies to paint the back of the new tank black and
Flexseal the bottom of the stand. I also looked at brute cans and decided which route I wanted to go.
- Then we worked cleaning up the back yard planters and beds and I got hummingbird feeders hung with fresh sugar water.
Tonight’s goals after feeding humans and meal prep, are to do a water change in the evo and if I’m feeling really frisky, move it to a new location.

TLDR version… not much tank stuff happened but a little bit did.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I missed the part about your new tank... What size? I had my 90 gallon set up that way -- with 2 drains in the overflow and the return over the back. It worked fine :)

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome dimensions!!
You're gonna have so much fun :)
Thanks!! I’m still going up and down with it emotionally. My nerves sometimes get the best of me but I’m looking forward to having way more horizontal landscape to work with.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks!! I’m still going up and down with it emotionally. My nerves sometimes get the best of me but I’m looking forward to having way more horizontal landscape to work with.
Trust me, I can relate! I procrastinated and over-thought a lot before setting up my new tank. Just go at your own pace.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's the scape plan? Since it's been in the garage a Month, I assume you've thought about it..

The dimensions of the tank lend themselves so well to viewing top down. I know the stand is already built, so the height is set, but can you view it top down? Are you incorporating that viewing angle, into the overall design?

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 55 30.9%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 47 26.4%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 36 20.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 38 21.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%

Back