biocube light upgrade- kessil a360x or AI hydra 32?

Dknight43

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what's up guys, as the title says im looking to upgrade my lighting on my biocube with either the hydra or 360 and was looking for feedback on them both. I'm open to other options as well but these are the two that I have seen used the most.
I'm also looking at a prime hd for my 13.5 evo but want to get some advice before I pull the trigger on spending this much on lighting

thanks in advance,

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you trying to achieve? Sps dominant? If so Google Steve’s LEDS Biocube 32. His upgrade will grow anything and is specifically for the Biocube. I believe it is on sale currently.

OP
OP
Dknight43

Dknight43

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you trying to achieve? Sps dominant? If so Google Steve’s LEDS Biocube 32. His upgrade will grow anything and is specifically for the Biocube. I believe it is on sale currently.
that im not sure of yet im new to salt water and like torches but not sure what else i want to put in there yet, i already ordered a new lid from kraken reef for the biocube and the evo 13.5 as well

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that im not sure of yet im new to salt water and like torches but not sure what else i want to put in there yet, i already ordered a new lid from kraken reef for the biocube and the evo 13.5 as well
If you are not going with high end sps the stock lights that came with your cub grow easy sps, monti caps, birdsnest, lps and sof corals well. This is what has grown with my stock Biocube 32 gallon lights.
1EA54397-5B45-4D5A-B90C-37E964716411.jpeg

OP
OP
Dknight43

Dknight43

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are not going with high end sps the stock lights that came with your cub grow easy sps, monti caps, birdsnest, lps and sof corals well. This is what has grown with my stock Biocube 32 gallon lights.
1EA54397-5B45-4D5A-B90C-37E964716411.jpeg
i doubt ill have anything super expensive in this tank yet just because im new and trying to understand the care better before I try high end stuff. I just want to prepped now while i have the funds to do it, (tank is beautiful btw)

Daniel92481

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok thank you, what would you suggest for the evo 13.5, its going to be mainly shrimp in it and not sure on corals yet for that one
The A80 is a great light, built for nanos less than I would say 10 gallons. The A160 is a step up from the A80 and IMO would be perfect. You could get the gooseneck for it, or the more streamlined rigid A arm for it. Either light will be really nice.

OP
OP
Dknight43

Dknight43

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The A80 is a great light, built for nanos less than I would say 10 gallons. The A160 is a step up from the A80 and IMO would be perfect. You could get the gooseneck for it, or the more streamlined rigid A arm for it. Either light will be really nice.
ok thank you very much for the help I appreciate it, I'm trying to learn all of this stuff, but it takes some time lol

jonybravo_bg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kessil are not reliable litghting. Bought two a360x s' brand new, one failed within 1,5 year. Kessil are not taking responsibility, not responding to my request for service, even I'd like to pay for it...

OP
OP
Dknight43

Dknight43

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kessil are not reliable litghting. Bought two a360x s' brand new, one failed within 1,5 year. Kessil are not taking responsibility, not responding to my request for service, even I'd like to pay for it...
I ended up going with a reef breeder 24 v2 pro for the biocube and a kessil 160 for my 13.5 evo I seen there were issues with kessil so I picked up a used one for my small tank where it wont matter too much

Manny’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I bought 3 used. They were 2 years old. I also purchased 3 new. I've had the new ones for 2 years now, which means the used ones are now 4 years old. Working like a charm still. Not one single issue with them ever.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 58 74.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 9 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back