Biota's "Float & Drop" Acclimation Instructions

Interesting thread, for years I acclimatized to drip fish without having read anything about ammonia in transport bags, fortunately I never lost a fish. I guess several aquarists have found something that works for them, what I do now is place the bag inside the qt tank for 10-15 minutes, open the bag and immediately take out a good percentage of the transport water, fill with water from my tank, I wait 10 minutes and repeat the process, I wait another 5 or more, maybe 7 minutes and I release the fish with a net, I think it's a good way to reduce the ammonia immediately, at least it has worked for me, what do you think?
 
The observations are there and have been for a long time. It is hard to fight against 'common wisdom' that isn't all that common.
Sorry, I have a link to an article from 2011 that covers this stuff, but I am not sure if it is allowed, so I am leaving it off.
Show us the BEEF!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new