Black box light question

Sexytang

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 40g half moon that has just went through a big crash killed most my softies and now my nems are ticked they come out a little. But I’m almost positive that the crash was from me adding a Uv sterilizer for a 75g to the 40. Now I’m woundering what would be a good height for my black box over my 27” tall tank

BrandonS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bulk reef supply just did a good video. UV in a uv sterilizer enclosure causing a crash? Haven't heard of that. Can you post pictures?

JCTReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never heard of a properly functioning UV sterilizer causing a crash. That’s weird. You can always buy a par meter. Or rent one. The Apogee mq-510 Works well with LEDs. That’s what I purchased. It was a good investment. I had an Aqua Ultraviolet UV on my little 54 gallon rated for 75 gallons. Never had any issues. I have heard of some of the cheaper brands cracking out and and causing issues. Not sure what brand you went with.

BrandonS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never heard of a properly functioning UV sterilizer causing a crash. That’s weird. You can always buy a par meter. Or rent one. The Apogee mq-510 Works well with LEDs. That’s what I purchased. It was a good investment. I had an Aqua Ultraviolet UV on my little 54 gallon rated for 75 gallons. Never had any issues. I have heard of some of the cheaper brands cracking out and and causing issues. Not sure what brand you went with.
That's very true with possibly frying things with the Chinese black box. They can be par monsters for sure.

I have seen them crack and cause Electrical issues but never anything else.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 50 48.5%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 57 55.3%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 25 24.3%
  • None.

Votes: 26 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 8.7%

Back