Blasto new head or something else?

nobatobe

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 28, 2020
Messages
29
Reaction score
2
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had this blasto for almost a year and it’s doing fantastic. The one head that I got is currently splitting into to, but about a month ago I spotted this brown structure on the right growing. Is that new skeleton growing or is it something else? The first picture was right after a water change so you could see the brown stalk better.

0077C891-3886-4A97-96D8-6ABCB2935149.jpeg 39795601-CBDD-4F44-B08E-C8D23BA4518B.jpeg
 
No idea.
Is it a Vermetid with algae growth on the shell.
 
No idea.
Is it a Vermetid with algae growth on the shell.
That's a definite possibility...I've done a little more research and they seem to look like vermetids. Thanks for the advice!
 
Blasto grow new heads under the single polyp. As you get more heads, the new growth can come in between heads or create a new bottom row. I have never seen anything like that on any of my Blasto's. Maybe a fanworm tube that has some algae growing on it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new