Bleaching Monti with an LED?

I agree, it´s a monti. Montis, especially the red plates, are sensitive to too much blue light, even in the metal halide world. I guess you apply too much blue light with your LEDs.
 
I agree, it´s a monti. Montis, especially the red plates, are sensitive to too much blue light, even in the metal halide world. I guess you apply too much blue light with your LEDs.
Oh wow! I just left the light on the default setting. That kind of makes sense because the default timer starts at 8am and ends at 6pm and from 6pm to 10pm only blue lights are on. So the first time I looked at it and there was the white spot, the blue light was on, but the next picture I took where the white spot was gone, all the lights were on.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new