Blood Orange Clownfish

BRS

Davar93

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Hey everyone! Just wondering if anyone has experience with blood orange clowns?
If so, how big do they get as adults? Are they compatible with other clowns, such as a black snowflake? Since they are a hybrid. Thanks! 

AC1211

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Hey everyone! Just wondering if anyone has experience with blood orange clowns?
If so, how big do they get as adults? Are they compatible with other clowns, such as a black snowflake? Since they are a hybrid. Thanks! 
Well if someone could breed a maroon and an ocy together I guess they could keep a blood orange which should be no bigger than 4" from what I have heard with a black snowflake. Just thinking in terms of genetics. However, I do not know if these hybrids experience hybrid vigor which would lead to a much larger clown than I predicted. I doubt they get bigger than what I said though just because if they got bigger I think I would remember.

OP
Davar93

Davar93

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Well if someone could breed a maroon and an ocy together I guess they could keep a blood orange which should be no bigger than 4" from what I have heard with a black snowflake. Just thinking in terms of genetics. However, I do not know if these hybrids experience hybrid vigor which would lead to a much larger clown than I predicted. I doubt they get bigger than what I said though just because if they got bigger I think I would remember.
Yes that makes sense, I just do not want a super huge fish and want them to not end up killing each other if they wouldn’t be a match. I will try get a small orange so he can be male maybe. I saw some people on yt keeping the orange with a regular occ. I will maybe give it a shot and see how it goes because I saw some amazing specimen at my lfs yesterday that I got. But first qt

AS