Blood Orange Clownfish

Davar93

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 6, 2020
Messages
35
Reaction score
17
Location
canada
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! Just wondering if anyone has experience with blood orange clowns?
If so, how big do they get as adults? Are they compatible with other clowns, such as a black snowflake? Since they are a hybrid. Thanks! 
 
Hey everyone! Just wondering if anyone has experience with blood orange clowns?
If so, how big do they get as adults? Are they compatible with other clowns, such as a black snowflake? Since they are a hybrid. Thanks! 
Well if someone could breed a maroon and an ocy together I guess they could keep a blood orange which should be no bigger than 4" from what I have heard with a black snowflake. Just thinking in terms of genetics. However, I do not know if these hybrids experience hybrid vigor which would lead to a much larger clown than I predicted. I doubt they get bigger than what I said though just because if they got bigger I think I would remember.
 
Well if someone could breed a maroon and an ocy together I guess they could keep a blood orange which should be no bigger than 4" from what I have heard with a black snowflake. Just thinking in terms of genetics. However, I do not know if these hybrids experience hybrid vigor which would lead to a much larger clown than I predicted. I doubt they get bigger than what I said though just because if they got bigger I think I would remember.
Yes that makes sense, I just do not want a super huge fish and want them to not end up killing each other if they wouldn’t be a match. I will try get a small orange so he can be male maybe. I saw some people on yt keeping the orange with a regular occ. I will maybe give it a shot and see how it goes because I saw some amazing specimen at my lfs yesterday that I got. But first qt
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new