Blowtorch Acro*****

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dang that looks great did you get that last sale?
No I bought it at show here in Houston from Jason on May 4th. I think you’ve seen it on the FB sps page
May 4th 2019
On the right
BF845641-6C0E-49D5-9850-662959B27246.jpeg

nbd13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I bought it at show here in Houston from Jason on May 4th. I think you’ve seen it on the FB sps page
May 4th 2019
On the right
BF845641-6C0E-49D5-9850-662959B27246.jpeg

Nice! What’s this FB page I see people mention? Can you send me link?Thanks

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with buying larger frags being the best thing for all. The whole fragging a frag to make money back doesn’t work out sometimes and contributes to a lot of nice corals not surviving and not being found again. If people would let their frags grow into colonies the fragments would be healthier and bigger.
But I get it, Spending hundreds on nubs really makes you want to recoup money once you see growth. Especially knowing other people are interested in paying for small frags.
Where does this end? Are we going to be buying single polyps years down the road if indo never opens and Aussie slows down too? Maybe!

OP
OP
J

Joedubyk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with buying larger frags being the best thing for all. The whole fragging a frag to make money back doesn’t work out sometimes and contributes to a lot of nice corals not surviving and not being found again. If people would let their frags grow into colonies the fragments would be healthier and bigger.
But I get it, Spending hundreds on nubs really makes you want to recoup money once you see growth. Especially knowing other people are interested in paying for small frags.
Where does this end? Are we going to be buying single polyps years down the road if indo never opens and Aussie slows down too? Maybe!

I agree, fragging a frag is bad mojo for the hobby. All of my frags are solid 1 inch pieces from my colonies. I also think the size of the frag isn't apples to apples in all cases. For example, an ORA red planet grows like a weed, it's hardy as hell, and a SOLID chunk should go for 30 bucks or thereabouts.

on the other hand, I have a nub of mattv orange envy. it's FINALLY starting to encrust after 2-3 months of nothing. BUT, it's also a rare acro, and matt's corals have a reputation for being very finncky. The guy who I traded it for , Gregs corals, has already lost his orange envy 3x. I can understand, not wanting to cut huge branches off.

45ZoaGarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree, fragging a frag is bad mojo for the hobby. All of my frags are solid 1 inch pieces from my colonies. I also think the size of the frag isn't apples to apples in all cases. For example, an ORA red planet grows like a weed, it's hardy as hell, and a SOLID chunk should go for 30 bucks or thereabouts.

on the other hand, I have a nub of mattv orange envy. it's FINALLY starting to encrust after 2-3 months of nothing. BUT, it's also a rare acro, and matt's corals have a reputation for being very finncky. The guy who I traded it for , Gregs corals, has already lost his orange envy 3x. I can understand, not wanting to cut huge branches off.
+1 on prices should reflect growth rate. Cheaper for faster growing and more expensive for the ones that grow slow as hell. My lfs got an orange passion mini colony two years ago. It still looks the same. It’s pretty though. Mohawk zoas sell for $5 a frag because they’re weeds. Same thing with gsp. If they grew slow, they would probably be a bit more expensive.

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol, to be fair, I was wondering what the heck those were, too!
So anybody that has worked with epoxy knows that there is a point where it gets too firm and is afraid to push out of fear of disrupting the integrity of the scape. Those “hot dogs” are a result of that happening to me. I decided to try and repurpose them instead of just throwing them in the trash.
Thank you and good night

OP
OP
J

Joedubyk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So anybody that has worked with epoxy knows that there is a point where it gets too firm and is afraid to push out of fear of disrupting the integrity of the scape. Those “hot dogs” are a result of that happening to me. I decided to try and repurpose them instead of just throwing them in the trash.
Thank you and good night

I have never worked w/ expoxy!

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 69 34.7%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 51 25.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 64 32.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.0%
Back