Blue Carpet price check?

Frogspon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious what a decent price range is for a happy blue carpet? about 10" when scrunched up.. maybe 16-18" fully extended.

jamie1210

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in southern California and the price range for blue or purple giganteas is insane. They can go for $100 for the little guys (about 4 inches), to $400 for the ones that are about a foot across. Never have I seen one for 550 here.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a Bleached small Blue Haddoni, 4-6 inches, for 300.00 last year
I also got a tiny blue Gigantea for 180 plus shipping of 50.00. I think these are reasonable mid of the road priced. The round container the Haddoni is in is a 8 inch bucket, and the Blue Gigantea is about 3 inches in the first picture.
However, I am buying potential here. I know how they look after recovery, which show in the last two pictures. For the shape that they are in, I only buy them when I amost certain that I can get them to live, which I almost did not with that small injured Gigantea
Anemone2020101103TopDownPictureofSump.jpg
Gigantea2019072901Blue.jpg

e5e585ea-d8e1-4417-ae81-e55ddc52c4fb-jpeg.1918966

798526fa-d1bd-4a89-b1b6-ab824e9f23f2-jpeg.1982377

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in southern California and the price range for blue or purple giganteas is insane. They can go for $100 for the little guys (about 4 inches), to $400 for the ones that are about a foot across. Never have I seen one for 550 here.
They are much more expensive here in Texas. There is none in Corpus Christi. I have to be lucky if I can buy them in Houston or San Antonio. When I am lucky, they are a lot more expensive. MO anemone are tricky. As good as I am at keep them a live (really no kidding or bragging) most of my MO anemones are failure.

jamie1210

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are much more expensive here in Texas. There is none in Corpus Christi. I have to be lucky if I can buy them in Houston or San Antonio. When I am lucky, they are a lot more expensive. MO anemone are tricky. As good as I am at keep them a live (really no kidding or bragging) most of my MO anemones are failure.
What do you mean by MO anemones?

jamie1210

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MO=mail order
Got it! haha

I have to concur with you on this. When it comes to ordering anemones online, for the most part, they arrive to my home very stressed, gaping, in brown water. I contact the vendor, and they swear that it takes time for them to acclimate. And nothing seems wrongs PERSE. Once in my DT, they do perk up a bit, but they're never quite happy. They die a slow, slow death in the course of about 3 months or so. I've had this happen with Diver's Den BTAs too!

On the other hand, corals survive the trip just fine (although the color is not nearly as nice as what the vendor's show in pictures--but that's another gripe for another day lol). I don't order online anymore.

All of my gigs and mags that are with me currently (which I've had for at least a couple years) are from the LFS. Californians are very lucky in that regard!

But I believe I've read that you've had some great luck scoring some nice anemones from Petco! That's really cool in itself :)

Back