Blue flasher wrasse with Mccoskers flasher?

Lps_lover12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I mix these two fish? The blue flasher would be added a month after the Mccoskers goes into the display tank, can’t find a lot of info on the blue flasher but they look like stunning fish. Also would I be able to qt the blue flasher and a royal gramma together in a 15 gallon or is that asking for trouble?

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
15 gal is too small for either of those fish or any other flasher wrasse. They need at least a 65 gal tank, or at least a 40 gal breeder which, IMO, is too low for the smallest of Flasher or Fairy wrasses.

OP
OP
Lps_lover12

Lps_lover12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
15 gal is too small for either of those fish or any other flasher wrasse. They need at least a 65 gal tank, or at least a 40 gal breeder which, IMO, is too low for the smallest of Flasher or Fairy wrasses.
It’s only for 30 days for the quarantine period. It goes into a 100 gal after that

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s only for 30 days for the quarantine period. It goes into a 100 gal after that
In a 100G you should be alright however that 15G QT may damage the fish even as a short term move. Wrasses (especially flashers) are high activity fish and too small of a tank will harm them.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I mix these two fish? The blue flasher would be added a month after the Mccoskers goes into the display tank, can’t find a lot of info on the blue flasher but they look like stunning fish. Also would I be able to qt the blue flasher and a royal gramma together in a 15 gallon or is that asking for trouble?
4FC30D45-9EB2-4BDE-9A2B-632D96D5B8CF.jpeg

here is my blue flasher with an injured mouth. They are really not different from other flasher in term of temperament and requirement. They also called Peacock flasher.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Suck a good looking fish! They are an eye catcher for sure
One thing about the Peacock Flasher is the photograph does not do him justice. He has iridescence colorations that cannot be capture well with photo. The long Mohaw dorsal fins also give the fish very interesting shape and unique appearance. When they are not well, they loose those dorsal spikes quickly.

OP
OP
Lps_lover12

Lps_lover12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One thing about the Peacock Flasher is the photograph does not do him justice. He has iridescence colorations that cannot be capture well with photo. The long Mohaw dorsal fins also give the fish very interesting shape and unique appearance. When they are not well, they loose those dorsal spikes quickly.
Good to know about the dorsal fins, that’s what really cause my eye. I even noticed it with my Mccoskers, the photos don’t do justice. Do you think it would be ok in the 15g with the royal gramma for 30 days?

OP
OP
Lps_lover12

Lps_lover12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In a 100G you should be alright however that 15G QT may damage the fish even as a short term move. Wrasses (especially flashers) are high activity fish and too small of a tank will harm them.
What size of tank would you recommend for qt? I want to avoid any problems I can

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size of tank would you recommend for qt? I want to avoid any problems I can
I would go for a 40B if possible however if it’s not possible, I would do Atleast 2’ of tank room minimum.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Royal gramma is not an Aggressive fish, neither is the Blue Flasher. They should do OK together, but a 15 gal tank is a little small. If you can get a 40 gal tank for QT, that would be no problem. I never use small tank, other than my 20 gal hospital tank to treat anemone in, so I am not sure. I think it will be OK, similar to small tanks at the LFS.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 18 34.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.9%
Back