Blue Tang Issues

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Each in their own bags. Two of them (the Blue and a Yellow Eye Kole) were added into the same QT. Not the best option/choice, but I only had two drip acclimation boxes and four fish to do. They all came from the same source, of course.

Noted on the drip timeline, yeah. I've always felt that it was long, but did my best to "follow directions"... In the future, I'll shorten it up for sure. I'd not mind eliminating it, but I use my DT water as my QT water, so it may be more difficult to get the salinity to match. I'd have to add salt/rodi to adjust, and then I'd also be working to get the QT water back over to the DT salinity before I could add them in... Seemed easier/less error prone to start off with a drip acclimation to get everyone on the same field. Hyposalinity baths and such are always an option, of course.
I hope you don't take my comment as having criticized your acclimation. I really love Blue Zoo Aquatics and they even send a drip acclimation kit with every fish purchase. I've also seen suppliers that tell you their fish guarantee is invalid if you drip acclimate. :confused: My method works for me and my fish seem to like it so I stick with it. I've never had a hard time matching salinity or slowly ramping it up during the QT period. However, I know people that love doing TTM and I hope to never do it again! :mad:

I just hope whatever is bothering the little guy is minor and that he pulls through quickly.

OP
OP
DLHDesign

DLHDesign

Ex-Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok lest move forward, is it eating? One, the little guy is probably pretty stressed. Two if it is swim bladder chop up some fresh/frozen peas and that should clean it out. Three my favorite is metroplex with some focus in the food to medicate. I would do the meds and chopped peas deal.
No; not eating. I'll go pick up some peas (how do we have none?!?) and soak them in metroplex+focus as soon as I'm able.

Maybe also so soft music, dem lights might work too:D:D
You think I should get it a bottle of wine? White or red... :-? Are flowers appropriate for a first tank, or is that too much? ;-)

I hope you don't take my comment as having criticized your acclimation.
Oh; not at all. I'm fully aware of just how little I know about this adventure I'm on and totally appreciate all input along the way. I'm sure I'll be saying the same thing years from now as well...

been here from the start...;)
And I appreciate it. Very much. THANK YOU to everyone for their help so far, and ahead. This place - you people - are top-notch.

OP
OP
DLHDesign

DLHDesign

Ex-Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO he's a goner, he will stress himself out even more the way he's swimming.
Unfortunately, and without giving up all hope, this is my position as well. I'll do all I reasonably can to save the fish, but my logical side is prepped to freeze it and contact the seller for a warranty refund.

OP
OP
DLHDesign

DLHDesign

Ex-Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
10hrs......................o_O
Just to make sure it wasn't missed - it wasn't dripped for 10hrs; that was a multi-tasking induced typo. Just under 5hrs was the time (which, as has also been noted, is still on the list of crazy things I've done for and to this tank).

jenreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to make sure it wasn't missed - it wasn't dripped for 10hrs; that was a multi-tasking induced typo. Just under 5hrs was the time (which, as has also been noted, is still on the list of crazy things I've done for and to this tank).
Welcome to the family, you are now officially one of us..........................................

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No; not eating. I'll go pick up some peas (how do we have none?!?) and soak them in metroplex+focus as soon as I'm able.

You think I should get it a bottle of wine? White or red... :-? Are flowers appropriate for a first tank, or is that too much? ;-)

Oh; not at all. I'm fully aware of just how little I know about this adventure I'm on and totally appreciate all input along the way. I'm sure I'll be saying the same thing years from now as well...

And I appreciate it. Very much. THANK YOU to everyone for their help so far, and ahead. This place - you people - are top-notch.

I am thinking a nice red, the beaujolais nouveau are out, some classical baroque on romantic or Mozart: Requiem in D Minor, K 626- sequentia: 6 Lacrimosa, and some lilies :oops::oops::D:D

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am thinking a nice red, the beaujolais nouveau are out, some classical baroque on romantic or Mozart: Requiem in D Minor, K 626- sequentia: 6 Lacrimosa, and some lilies :oops::oops::D:D
If that doesn't work, try Guns N Roses with a few shots of whiskey! :eek:

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

What are you thinking? Paradise City and Markers Mark:D

jenreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I have seen crazier things work. do not knock it. I had a hippo tang whose bag had a leak, so when it got to me was in about an ounce of water. I just said what the heck and threw it in the tank. It fell between the rocks, I was too tired to fish out the dead body and went to bed. next day the little guy was out swimming around like nothing happened.

OP
OP
DLHDesign

DLHDesign

Ex-Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No BN available, but I've got a nice Cotes du Rhone... It's either that, or the Silver Oak. But I said reasonable...

And hey - whadda' know; it seems to have helped a little!
IMG_2156.JPG

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you thinking? Paradise City and Markers Mark:D
I'm a huge Makers Mark fan! 46 rocks!

Their Cask stuff? bleh.. paint thinner.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No BN available, but I've got a nice Cotes du Rhone... It's either that, or the Silver Oak. But I said reasonable...

IMG_2156.JPG
If that works I'm going to set up a bar next to my tank!!! :p

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

We all do crazy things sometimes............. but do we learn from it is the question.

Empress

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I don't think he'll be interested in food if he's swimming upside down.

If he was captured from deep water and the person that pulled him up went too fast the fish might have a gas bubble. I don't know if there's a cure for that. Hopefully I'm wrong and reefsquad can explain.

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_2156.JPG

I am so jealous, you must get some good bots, for next to nothing, for local vinters.

Looks like it upright which is an improvement, if it lives, you would be a good name:D that or bobie jean:D

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think he'll be interested in food if he's swimming upside down.

If he was captured from deep water and the person that pulled him up went too fast the fish might have a gas bubble. I don't know if there's a cure for that. Hopefully I'm wrong and reefsquad can explain.
Thats why I suggested peas, they will clean out the system as a probiotic cleansing;)

Back