Blue tang size

Mohammad.ki

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello

i just want to ask if someone want to buy a blue tang which one better S size or M-L size i know XL size it will look very old i am talking about very small blue tang or the medium size

my point is which one it will be steonger in the aquarium as we know most of aquariums includ more than 3 tangs ,so pleas can you give me your opinion if S or M-L size and why

thanks for sharing your information

fishski13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It all depends on size of tank and what other fish you have. And what you want to get out of the fish. If you want to see it grow from small to big and see it every step of the way, you should get the small.

OP
OP
Mohammad.ki

Mohammad.ki

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am talking about the body helth which one it will be stronger and it has immunity stronget
For example maybe smaller faced ich more than big one in this position i want to know or maybe big size live and swim better just if you know about blue tang share with me what you know

thank u

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am talking about the body helth which one it will be stronger and it has immunity stronget
For example maybe smaller faced ich more than big one in this position i want to know or maybe big size live and swim better just if you know about blue tang share with me what you know

thank u
Size is only an issue with tank mates, it has nothing to do with health. The small captive bred blue tangs that enter the hobby that are only a inch or so long are only 4 months old (same with wild caught). The key with parasites like ich, is preventing it from entering your tank in the first place. Asking how a fish will handle ich based on size is the wrong way of looking/dealing with ich/parasite issues. Buy or add fish to a tank based on the tank you have, not the tank you think you might have in the future. This will prevent a lot of headaches and frustration in the future.

OP
OP
Mohammad.ki

Mohammad.ki

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Size is only an issue with tank mates, it has nothing to do with health. The small captive bred blue tangs that enter the hobby that are only a inch or so long are only 4 months old (same with wild caught). The key with parasites like ich, is preventing it from entering your tank in the first place. Asking how a fish will handle ich based on size is the wrong way of looking/dealing with ich/parasite issues. Buy or add fish to a tank based on the tank you have, not the tank you think you might have in the future. This will prevent a lot of headaches and frustration in the future.
#minus9 Thank you for this info i get your point this what i am asking for

eyecandi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It also depends on the size of the fish you already have in the tank. You want to get the same size. If there’s no fish than get the size according to the size of your tank.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 11 8.7%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 20 15.9%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 85 67.5%
  • Neither.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.0%
Back