Blue Torch with Pink tips RARE!???

hexcolor reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a blue torch with pink tips. Can’t find anything online about this color combo. Tried to look it in the forum section on R2R but no luck.
Any one else own or seen a blue torch with pink tips?

Blue velvet tentacles (I added a color block pic as an example of color in tentacles)
Tips Pink

IMG_4269.jpeg

OP
OP
hexcolor reef

hexcolor reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you give a picture of the actual coral?
I didn’t upload the pic knowing someone would likely just say the torch look green since iPhone don’t capture all colors correctly
and since no one actually answered the question it kind of proves my reason. No one must have seen a blue and pink torch before
IMG_2406.jpeg

Enderg60

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Turn on the white lights and lets see if the blue stays.

Easy answer is no. No one has heard of a blue torch. If anyone had it would be a 4 figure frag easy.

OP
OP
hexcolor reef

hexcolor reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The blue stays it doesn’t change just hard to capture the beautiful color as is
@Enderg60 I guess I have a 4 figure torch then. And now will go buy them all lol
IMG_2410.jpeg
IMG_2408.jpeg

Last edited:

afrokobe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hesitated to say rare, but from my experience, definitely less common than your normal indo golds and dragon soul.

I have seen 3? Of the color you listed in person. They are definitely unique. I think one was with pink tips and the other two had gold tips. The one at my lfs is getting charged quite a bit, but I don't think it's selling. Most people want the brighter yellows/greens

OP
OP
hexcolor reef

hexcolor reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hesitated to say rare, but from my experience, definitely less common than your normal indo golds and dragon soul.

I have seen 3? Of the color you listed in person. They are definitely unique. I think one was with pink tips and the other two had gold tips. The one at my lfs is getting charged quite a bit, but I don't think it's selling. Most people want the brighter yellows/greens
what’s the price on the torch at your LFS
Im attracted to corals I don’t see via in person or forums. My tank is full of different color variations. I’m picking up a pumpkin acantho soon as well.

OP
OP
hexcolor reef

hexcolor reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Am I crazy or is that just a Mandarin Torch?
Your inability to take pics to show it's actual colour isn't our problem, dude. We're trying to help, but you gotta put the effort in too.
Should I run out and buy a 3k$ camera just to take pics of coral and post on forums? If there’s a better way to take pics of coral and achieve the color without manipulating the pic please share

Bribo12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could it be a. cristata? The tentacles don’t look that long but idk. A good pic would help clear everything up though. Otherwise no one’s gonna really know

Lebowski_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should I run out and buy a 3k$ camera just to take pics of coral and post on forums? If there’s a better way to take pics of coral and achieve the color without manipulating the pic please share
You can get little yellow filters, then use snapseed to balance the blue. Either way, it's a nice torch.

Does it look like this in person?

1692651568987.png

Or maybe this:

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back