Blue Torch with Pink tips RARE!???

Griev

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1700234759573.png

Definitely ultra rare. This big of a difference in color is definitely worth 10x-ing the price of your coral. Good luck with your new $400 a head coral, make sure you think up a cool name.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Somebody bought that TSA Blue torch I guarantee it was someone on this thread secretly made the purchase :face-with-tears-of-joy:

The WWC one is also sold out
The 2 biggest names in the game! If it was truly blue it would have been 2k a head! And it would have sold! Lol

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The heavy blue craze for crazy money phase is almost over. There are still some wanting to spend a lot, but mostly to get into the resale game themselves.

If your coral is not going to look good in all tanks at all times, it will likely decline in value unless it has a strong lineage.

IMO, those are the same brown torches that have been under different lights for the last few months. There are plenty of unedited daylight photos in my tank thread if people don't trust my evaluation. Good corals do not need heavy blue to look good.

Nobody wanted to believe this with the acan craze, chalice craze, mushroom craze (although these still have good value), anenome craze, etc. Any acan was once at least $100 a head. We just happen to be at the end of the torch craze now. The best torches that people can keep in nearly any tank will still have value. We are about ready to cycle back around to elegance, slippers, tongue and those type of corals... or something.

FWIW - if a true rare coral comes in, it is not going to make it to your LFS. The collector know what they are looking at. The trans shipper knows what they are looking at. The wholesaler is stop 1 knows what they are looking at. The wholesaler in stop 2-X knows what they are looking at. Most LFS know what they are looking at. You will have about the same luck finding a tiffany lamp at a huge flea market. Acropora is your only chance since people do sell brown ones just to move them.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 99 79.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.8%
Back